Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the Find It Now GPS setup on my RZR. Im not trying to advertise anything here but man it looks to be a good setup. My RZR is in the shop right now so its out of its boundaries and right when the service got activated it sent me a txt message to my cell telling me it had been moved and gave me the location of where its at. I guess the shop was closing and they were bringing it inside. It also sent me a txt letting me know the battery was going low. There are all kinds of readings it can send back to you after you setup everything. I think I'm going to get one for my motorcycle as well, you never know who might like your toys a lil to much.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I finally got the Find It Now GPS setup on my RZR. Im not trying to advertise anything here but man it looks to be a good setup. My RZR is in the shop right now so its out of its boundaries and right when the service got activated it sent me a txt message to my cell telling me it had been moved and gave me the location of where its at. I guess the shop was closing and they were bringing it inside. It also sent me a txt letting me know the battery was going low. There are all kinds of readings it can send back to you after you setup everything. I think I'm going to get one for my motorcycle as well, you never know who might like your toys a lil to much.
That's a great friggin' idea if you have your gear shipped to say Colorodo....then you fly out and back :) You know exactly where it is on the truck....or where ever you ship the machine, so you don't have to drive for 3/4 of your riding vacation. I wonder if somebody wouldn't easily see it and just stick a screwdriver through it's guts. That would put a quick end to any future "transmissions".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive looked all over my rzr and I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary that looks like a tracker... this is from the website...

Where is my FIN System installed on my ride? [ back to top ]
Your FIN System is hidden in one of several places within your ride. For security purposes, we do not disclose the location of the system to anyone, not even the owner. If this were to become public knowledge, it could compromise the ability to recover your ride.

And it has its own battery system if they decide to jerk the battery out. It lets you know within a minute of any unwarranted movement so they would have to be pretty quick before you knew about it.

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
i install something simular to this for the car dealers but theirs also has starter disable and trus me it works....lol they used it to find a repo car...

this is a great idea...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what does it cost web site dosnt say
I don't think it cost very much at all. Mine was transfered from the previous owner and he paid one lump sum for the entire life of the rzr. You can give them a call and speak with Ray, I was on the phone with him today when he transfered my service and he is a great guy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have installed simular devices on big diesel generators. ours was a custom device with custom software, but they are all pretty similar. When they activate, they keep a breadcrumb trail on record, so you get a pretty good idea of where they are traveling. Also, It actually isn't that hard to hide the wiring. When I did alarm systems, we used to remove all of the module wires and replace them all with black wires... good luck tracing them before the alarm is tripped... and we NEVER put alarms under the dash. too easy. I could easily hide one of those in a RZR and if you didn't know I had it, you would NEVER find it, you would think it was one of the factory computers or controllers.

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
I have installed simular devices on big diesel generators. ours was a custom device with custom software, but they are all pretty similar. When they activate, they keep a breadcrumb trail on record, so you get a pretty good idea of where they are traveling. Also, It actually isn't that hard to hide the wiring. When I did alarm systems, we used to remove all of the module wires and replace them all with black wires... good luck tracing them before the alarm is tripped... and we NEVER put alarms under the dash. too easy. I could easily hide one of those in a RZR and if you didn't know I had it, you would NEVER find it, you would think it was one of the factory computers or controllers.
this is one i use alot for car dealers

GoldStar GPS - NIADA Automotive Dealers Ultimate Vendor Guide

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I asked Find It Now about costs:

"Find It Now USA: Well..I don't have any Dealers in that area right now......here is what we can do for you

Find It Now USA: MSRP is $699....I can sell you 1 direct..since we have no Dealers in your area

Find It Now USA: I will give you a $200 Instant Rebate

Find It Now USA: so it would be $499.00 plus S&H

Find It Now USA: You can install as it takes about 15 minutes

Find It Now USA: VERY easy

Find It Now USA: 2 wires..hot & ground hooked up directly to your battery

Find It Now USA: includes everything for the first year..AFTER the first year

Find It Now USA: it is $89.95 per year ( about $7.49 per month )

Find It Now USA: that covers the airtime and 24/7 access to our Tacking Site

Find It Now USA: very easy to hide as it is about the size of a credit card and 7/8" thick"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for that info Tuf-Skin.....thats not bad. Lot less than LoJack and I'm not sure you can even put a lojack on ATV's or UTV's. I think I will see about getting one as it seems like someone on here has one that he is happy with. I go camping and always afraid to wake up and see mine gone.....maybe one of these from Find It Now will help me sleep better at night. I will let you guys know what I think once I get one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I asked Find It Now about costs:

"Find It Now USA: Well..I don't have any Dealers in that area right now......here is what we can do for you

Find It Now USA: MSRP is $699....I can sell you 1 direct..since we have no Dealers in your area

Find It Now USA: I will give you a $200 Instant Rebate

Find It Now USA: so it would be $499.00 plus S&H

Find It Now USA: You can install as it takes about 15 minutes

Find It Now USA: VERY easy

Find It Now USA: 2 wires..hot & ground hooked up directly to your battery

Find It Now USA: includes everything for the first year..AFTER the first year

Find It Now USA: it is $89.95 per year ( about $7.49 per month )

Find It Now USA: that covers the airtime and 24/7 access to our Tacking Site

Find It Now USA: very easy to hide as it is about the size of a credit card and 7/8" thick"
I just spoke to Bill over there.. he gave me the same pricing. If I can get my wife to OK it, I think I may be pulling the trigger on this today.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thats funny you should mention zoomback.....my brother used one of those for his daughters car and could not get it to work. It doesn't have a back up battery either and thats 1 of the main things you need. If someone cuts your power I wanna still be able to track it. Zoomback only works for about 3 days at a time and then you have to take it out and recharge it....I just ordered me one of these FIN GPS' after talking to a few people..can't wait to get it. Just ordered one like 15 minutes ago....yea....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think they have a great system and Ray is great to work with. He is emailing the forum right now to find out what he needs to do to become a sponsor on the forums. In the rural area where I live at there are allot of atv theift's that happen and this is a great retrieval tool.

Lance

Thanks for that info Tuf-Skin.....thats not bad. Lot less than LoJack and I'm not sure you can even put a lojack on ATV's or UTV's. I think I will see about getting one as it seems like someone on here has one that he is happy with. I go camping and always afraid to wake up and see mine gone.....maybe one of these from Find It Now will help me sleep better at night. I will let you guys know what I think once I get one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey qtrmileracer...I just ordered one of the FIN's earlier today. Anything else you can tell me about it? I have been looking into these for a while just so much out there is bs.....I talked to one other person that actually has a FIN and he told me his texts and emails him in a matter of seconds when his bike is moved. He said he took it into the Dealer for service and he could tell when they were working on it and also when they disconnected his battery as it sent him an alert about the power being disconnected also. I should have mine tomorrow as they are shipping it so I have it before the weekend as I plan on taking mine out in the mud on saturday...gonna test it to make sure it is waterproof...lol

1 - 20 of 57 Posts