Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of tackified filter media and was wondering if this would work as a pre-filter. It seems to really catch dust when used in other applications. Anyone have any opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
--

If you have a good way to support it, it should work. Especially good is that I believe you could rinse it out and re-use it. Where would you put it?

--

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm considering wrapping it around the stock filter. Not sure yet how I would keep it in place.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update...

Well after trying this on 2 different machines over the course of 8 months I decided I should post some pictures of how well this seems to work for me. There is a lot of discussion about dust problems and different mods to help keep it out of the motor. After looking at how much dust is trapped in the media and how clean the filter is I feel a better about riding in dusty conditions. :) I like the "Grumpy Mod" but just couldn't bring myself to cut holes in my new machines.

This is the amount of dust it captured after 173 miles this last weekend on a 2013 RZR 800 LE. And riding behind 1-2 other machines on the dusty northern MN trails/forest roads. Plus I use the Fram filter so I replaced the whole works for about 14 bucks.

I didn't notice any decrease in performance. I ride with a buddy who has the same machine (stock filter) and they performed exactly the same.

I'm not saying it's better than the grumpy mod or that it prevents all dust from getting into the motor but maybe it's something for those with dust concerns to try. :ride:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts