Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've searched and searched and can't find any good comparative info regarding a Fiber Optic Whip versus an LED Whip. I know some vendors sell one type over the other but what's really the differences between the two???

I know Safeglow sells both types, and the Fiber Optic Whips are about $10-$15 more than a basic LED Whip.

1. Which type is brighter?
2. Which type is the most durable?
3. Which type draws the least amount of current?
4. Which one has the best longevity?

Any and all info is highly appreciated. If this thread was asked before and has all the answers to my questions, then please attach that thread link to this post.

Thanks!

Junior

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Okay, I've searched and searched and can't find any good comparative info regarding a Fiber Optic Whip versus an LED Whip. I know some vendors sell one type over the other but what's really the differences between the two???

I know Safeglow sells both types, and the Fiber Optic Whips are about $10-$15 more than a basic LED Whip.

Any and all info is highly appreciated. If this thread was asked before and has all the answers to my questions, then please attach that thread link to this post.

Thanks!

Junior
UTVINC sells Fiber Optic Whips with a lifetime warranty... There bright and they'll be the only whips you'll ever buy (lifetime warranty)... Multitude of colors to choose from...

Give Nick a call 480-718-5511

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks!

Junior
UTVINC sells Fiber Optic Whips with a lifetime warranty... There bright and they'll be the only whips you'll ever buy (lifetime warranty)... Multitude of colors to choose from...

I've seen UTV Inc. fiber optic whips and I'm tempted to get me a pair, mostly due to the warranty, but I'd really like to know the differences.....

Junior

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts

Thanks!

Junior
UTVINC sells Fiber Optic Whips with a lifetime warranty... There bright and they'll be the only whips you'll ever buy (lifetime warranty)... Multitude of colors to choose from... Bright...

I've seen UTV Inc. fiber optic whips and I'm tempted to get me a pair, mostly due to the warranty, but I'd really like to know the differences.....

Junior
The warranty... It's not a question if, it's a question of when you'll break one...:) :) :)

If you break whips without a lifetime warranty get ready to spend $$$$ again...

Tim

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UTVINC sells Fiber Optic Whips with a lifetime warranty... There bright and they'll be the only whips you'll ever buy (lifetime warranty)... Multitude of colors to choose from... Bright...

Junior
The warranty... It's not a question if, it's a question of when you'll break one...:) :) :)

Tim
LOL.....good freakin point! Already broke one.....

Junior

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
safeglow has an excellent warranty. Their LED is the brightest whip on the market and can be seen from over a mile away. Extremely strong too. We have tested most whips on the market at the Oregon Dunes through the tight trails and trees and the Safeglow is our favorite. Here are some comparison pictures of brightness. The brighter is the LED version

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts

Junior

Tim
LOL.....good freakin point! Already broke one.....

Junior
Yes it is... An excellent warranty like others state (no description of what there warranty is) doesn't compare to a lifetime no questions asked warranty...

Fact Not Fiction...

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Junior, what's up with the Safeglos? Already tired of them? The Fiber optics aren't going to be nearly as bright

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Junior, what's up with the Safeglos? Already tired of them? The Fiber optics aren't going to be nearly as bright
James,

Nothing wrong with the safeglows, they're definitely bright, but the RCA connection is broke on one, and now the other one is starting to twist a little. So I figured I'd look into the different types of whips before deciding what will be my next whip. I didn't know the differences between the Fiber Optic and the LED, so I thought I'd get everyones input. I'm sure Safeglow will take care of me and replace my whips, I just wanted to see what are the differences and options out there.

Junior

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
James,

Nothing wrong with the safeglows, they're definitely bright, but the RCA connection is broke on one, and now the other one is starting to twist a little. So I figured I'd look into the different types of whips before deciding what will be my next whip. I didn't know the differences between the Fiber Optic and the LED, so I thought I'd get everyones input. I'm sure Safeglow will take care of me and replace my whips, I just wanted to see what are the differences and options out there.

Junior
ahhh, gotcha. I thought Safeglo wasn't taking care of you or something. I was going to start making some calls :scared2:

Anyways, yeah Fibers are never as bright as LED's. Reason being is that most fiber optic whips have a few LED's at the base of the whip and then shoot up the fiber optic material causing the cool looking effect. Cool factor- big, bright factor- not as much

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
James,

Junior
ahhh, gotcha. I thought Safeglo wasn't taking care of you or something. I was going to start making some calls :scared2:

Anyways, yeah Fibers are never as bright as LED's. Reason being is that most fiber optic whips have a few LED's at the base of the whip and then shoot up the fiber optic material causing the cool looking effect. Cool factor- big, bright factor- not as much
Nah, if Safeglow gave me any grief, you'd be the first guy I'd be calling... Thx for explaining the comparison between the two and the brightness, makes sense for sure.

Junior

·
Registered
501 Posts
Only thing I dont like about the safeglow is you can hear the tube-in-a-tube rattling around when you drive.

I have another makers LED glow whip too (forget the brand), and the Safeglow is for sure the brighter of the two.

I get comments all the time on the "light sabers" :)

·
Registered
572 Posts

Thanks!

Junior
I have experience with both the LED and the Fiber Optic whips from Safeglo..

1. LED is brighter by far, can be seen from many many dunes away
2. I've had less issues with the Fiber Optic whip ( but I still like LED better)
3. The Fiber Optic draws less power (you can power it with a 9 volt battery)
4. Both of the ones I have had are still going 3+ years later

Hope this helps

Hayden

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx Hayden, thats even better detailed info that Ive been curious about.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Your welcome, Safeglo does have pretty good customer service too. A section of my LED whip quit working and they sent me another whip no questions asked.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your welcome, Safeglo does have pretty good customer service too. A section of my LED whip quit working and they sent me another whip no questions asked.
I spoke with Bill today from Safeglow and they were more than willing to either repair or replace my whips...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have 2 UTV inc fiber optic whips and have ridden with one guy that had the safe glow fiber optic whip. Both seemed the same just a little different mounting. I have had to warrenty one of my whips with UTV inc and they took it no questions asked. Another buddy of mine has rolled his teryx it went 4 times end over end and his UTV inc whip was fine. I think Safeglo is cheaper but knowing how well UTV inc took care of me I would still get another from them before buying any other brand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts