Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More questions about my new (to me) RZRS:

Wheels Spacers.....good, bad?? I was thinking about putting some 1.5" spacers all the way around for a little more stability in the dunes. I dont think I would run the spacers when I drive it on hard pack. I know that running spacers puts some wear and tear on Rhino steering components, just wondered if it affects RZR stuff as well.....any horror stories?

My RZRS has S&S intake and exhaust and apparently has the computer flashed for some extra RPM's. What is the downside to this? Is there anything I can/should do to make it more reliable? I was told by a guy at Dragonfire that I could grenade the engine unless I put some sort of tuner in it (of course he wanted to sell me a tuner).

One last question.....Is putting this thing in "Park" on a hill a bad idea? I notice the steeper the hill, the harder it is to get out of park.

Thanks for any/all input

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have been using 1.5 spacer on my RZR S I like them allot exp. with the Makin Trax progressive rate spring. Much more stable and will drift turns and not fill tippy. My first ball joint went bad at 900 miles which seems to be normal for hard driven RZRs like mine. I use mine in dunes and hard pack. For the dunes I also have the rear off set rims the back is about 67" wide. No off set in front was told by good source it makes the steering allot harder. Very happy with the set up.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
What year is your RZR?? The 09's and earlier had issues with using park on hills. Polaris supposedly improved this on the 2010, but it's still not a good idea. Several site vendors sell add-on parking brakes, both hydraulic and mechanical, they're a good investment.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Johnny, are you running spacers all the way around?

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
What year is your RZR?? The 09's and earlier had issues with using park on hills. Polaris supposedly improved this on the 2010, but it's still not a good idea. Several site vendors sell add-on parking brakes, both hydraulic and mechanical, they're a good investment.
X2

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

its an 09'

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Check out the parking brakes at Side by Side, a site vendor. They have a hydraulic unit, and a mechanical unit that hooks to you brake pedal with a handle that comes up under the steering wheel. That one is an easy install.

http://www.sidebysidesports.com/porzrpabr.html

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts

·
Razorholic
1,705 Posts
Spacers workin real well for me , next i want to add the springs from Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts