Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a 600+ mile ride in my Turbo S in So. California and Arizona. The machine performed flawlessly (although the gas mileage was horrific!).
Upon returning to my home in Utah (6,500 feet MSL) I acquired a check engine light. Going to the diagnostics page I found a "SPN 1127 and FMI 31 = Boost Pressure Sensor". Further research shows a "DTC P1234 = Condition Exists"
So far, I've replaced my BOV (Diverter Valve) with an Aftermarket Assassins BOV. Cleaned and blew out all connectors I could find. Cleaned sensor in the intake down stream of the air filter.
After reassembly, I drove the machine for about 10 to 15 minutes, getting it to operating temp and the check engine light still illuminates. I have tried disconnecting the batter for, oh, almost an hour. No joy.
My question: 1. Is this a hard fault that must be reset with an ECU reader?
2. Is there a chance that the fault still exists?
3. I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks!

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,645 Posts
I'm not sure the answer to this, but a "boost pressure sensor" would be between the turbo and the throttle body, most likely in the intake manifold, which is right in front of the exhaust on the back of the engine, there's no boost pressure between the air filter and the turbo.... probably called a MAP or TMAP sensor in a parts description.

Is it running bad or odd at all since the it threw the code?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,645 Posts
I pulled up the parts diagram, there are 3 TMAP sensors, one in the air intake duct (that's probably the one you checked) one in the charge tube ( The tube with you BOV on it ), and one in the intake manifold. The charge tube or the intake would be the culprit if it were a failed sensor

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wasn't running bad on the trip. After I got it back home and it threw the fault, I took it out and the turbo didn't seem to be operating properly. It was sluggish, but never went into limp mode. I did clean the boost pressure sensor as well. (Forgot to mention.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't mess with the sensor in the charge tube. Is cleaning it worth the effort? Or should I just replace it?
Also, thanks for mentioning the parts diagram. I always forget to check that! It's a good way to see 'the lay of the land'.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,645 Posts
Honestly, I’m not sure if it’s worth cleaning or not, I’ve never had an issues so I’ve never messed with them, but it is pretty cheap to try and clean it

Possibility it could be a wastegate issue, or a turbo issue too, you can pull the intake off the turbo and see inside fairly easily, and check the wastegate adjustment rod for anything abnormal

You don’t have a PVCX by chance do you?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
494 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will absolutely check that! I replaced the BOV with a much more robust one. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honestly, I’m not sure if it’s worth cleaning or not, I’ve never had an issues so I’ve never messed with them, but it is pretty cheap to try and clean it

Possibility it could be a wastegate issue, or a turbo issue too, you can pull the intake off the turbo and see inside fairly easily, and check the wastegate adjustment rod for anything abnormal

Can you reset codes with the PVCX? I have a new 19 with 300 miles on it with the same problem. I was looking at buying the Check Tech scan tool from otb power sports. If the PVCX would work I would rather go in that direction.

https://otbpowersports.com/product/ct-pol-afedxz-001/#reviews

Thanks Ed

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,645 Posts

Can you reset codes with the PVCX? I have a new 19 with 300 miles on it with the same problem. I was looking at buying the Check Tech scan tool from otb power sports. If the PVCX would work I would rather go in that direction.

https://otbpowersports.com/product/ct-pol-afedxz-001/#reviews

Thanks Ed

Yes you can read and reset with the PVCX

-Give it a second... it had to go to space and back first ( Sent from the lifeline that is my iPhone XS Max )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts