Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to wire in my fan over ride switch, just would like to know if it would mess anything up adding power to the other side to light the led? i have a carling switch that is i believe a SPST switch with a ground output for the light to light, my question is without messing anything up can i reverse it? meaning i tap the yellow and black wire coming from the fan relay and ground the other side, and then connect power to the pin on the switch that is meant for ground where as in this case the ground is switched not power so i would need power to make the light work instead of ground? does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hope this helps....

I bought the lighted quadavator bypass switch on my 08. Ground went to the fan's ground and a ran dedicated power with an inline fuse (I cheated and came off the power side of my winch solenoid vs running power to the battery) I found when using "keyed" power I would blow a fuse and kill the RZR when the headlights were on. Ran that way for 1.5 years no problem.

Very cool to see when the fan is kicking on or to force it to run whenever you want - never had a problem. Solder, then heat shrink if you hit water otherwise you will blow a fuse

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still debating on adding the power wire, my switch has 3 pins, 2 for the switch 1 for the light, right now i have the 2 switch pins hooked up to the yellow/black wire, and the other end hooked up to ground, the switch has a light in it if i want it to light up when on, if i connect 12v to the last pin it should light when the switch is on, but is there anyway power can back feed to the yellow/black or is it going to hurt anything using the yellow black as the ground for the light as it comes directly from the ecu?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
One wire goes to the fan wiring
2nd goes to ground
Instead of connecting the 3rd to switched power for the light / fan I ran it to dedicated power.
When I had the 3rd connected to keyed power (I spliced into the headlights) it would blow a fuse if headlights and bypass was kicked on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts