Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the circuit breaker under the drivers seat replaced so i dont think that is my problem but my fan will not kick on at all whatsoever and its causing my temp to reach limp mode any ideas....... fuse,bad fan,bad wiring im clue less

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,771 Posts
Unplug the temp sensor on the engine.
The fan should now run continuously with key on.
If not, unplug the fan motor it self and test for 12v coming to motor at the connector.
If there is 12v than your motor is bad .
If no 12v's, then test for voltage thru circuit breaker, relay, wiring, connectors.

Good possibility that your just changed out circuit beaker could be related to your problem....

jmo

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
i had the circuit breaker under the drivers seat replaced so i dont think that is my problem but my fan will not kick on at all whatsoever and its causing my temp to reach limp mode any ideas....... fuse,bad fan,bad wiring im clue less
Unplug the sensor on the head and with the key on (engine doesn't have to be running) the fan should run non-stop...

Try this and let me know what you find out...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok itll be later on before i can get back with you im not home at the moment but will let you know as soon as i can get to the rzr

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Where exactly on the motor is the fan plug thingy i see several plugins around there
There is a greenish and a black wire running to it if i remember right. It comes out of a pigtail under the front box. Remove the tray and you'll see it. Maybe try swapping the relay to see if that's the issue. They are all the same.

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
Put 12 volt from the battery to one wire on the fan and ground the other wire if the fan doesn't work, it's the fan...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i figured out he problem i went back to the recently replaced circuit breaker and found a wire had completely corroded off so its an easy fix...... thanks for your help...... by the way is there a way to bypass the darn thing

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
well i figured out he problem i went back to the recently replaced circuit breaker and found a wire had completely corroded off so its an easy fix...... thanks for your help...... by the way is there a way to bypass the darn thing
I am tempted to run a bypass wire to a dash mounted switch to override the CB in case it takes a dump on a ride.

Gotten into the habit of keeping my display on the engine temp because of these threads.

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
UTV makes a fan override kit. Costs like 30 bucks or so. Very easy to install. I had to put one on out of necessity when my fan quit and I didn't know about the circuit breaker and we were 12 hrs from home riding. installed the kit and kept riding. got home did a little forum research and dug in and relocated it up by the ecu. High and dry and easy to access if it should cause a problem in the future. its good to know though that I can just flip a switch to turn on my fan at will. Quality kit for the price. Glad you got it figured out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts