Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2011 rzr s, second time had it back to dealer for dreaded fan circuit breaker (relay as a lot are calling it) just would like to know if anyone knows if any 20 watt breaker will work. found one at at carquest with water proof container that has 10 gauge wire going to it. told me there that circuit breaker was circuit breaker. just wondering if anyone would know if going from the what looks like stock 14 to 10 gauge wire would be a problem, thought i would just locate it up higher. thanks sorry such long thread any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
762 Posts
have a 2011 rzr s, second time had it back to dealer for dreaded fan circuit breaker (relay as a lot are calling it) just would like to know if anyone knows if any 20 watt breaker will work. found one at at carquest with water proof container that has 10 gauge wire going to it. told me there that circuit breaker was circuit breaker. just wondering if anyone would know if going from the what looks like stock 14 to 10 gauge wire would be a problem, thought i would just locate it up higher. thanks sorry such long thread any help would be appreciated.
Refer to this post, see the links in post #3. You are trying to make this hard. Get a 20 amp breaker, $3.99, a box from Radio Shack $2.99, a bit of wire and move the thing to behind the seat. Quit wasting your time with the Dealer.

The fan draws less than 10 amps, the OEM wire to the ckt breaker is 16ga so if you want to upgrade the wire 14ga is plenty.

I have put over 100 hours on mine since I moved my breaker and not a bit of trouble.

http://www.rzrforums.net/engine-drivetrain/85146-cooling-fan.html

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
i had to do mine that way. it will fit next to the control box behind driver seat. dont put it in the storage box next to your batt. you may need to add extra batt one day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts