Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My rear walker evans shocks are squeaking bad now and I was wondering what was the best way to fix the problem. We fixed the squeak on my brothers fox podiums but he said mine were different than his. Any help would be great,
Thanks
Jody

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine were squeaking badly too. I removed them and greased the heim joints at both ends - no more squeak! Just remove the nut and bolt holding the shocks to your RZR, remove the spacer and rubber gasket at the end of the shock to see the heim, clean it, pack it with some grease, and reassemble.

·
Registered
509 Posts
i have afco silver series that squeak and creak. I spray the heim joints with wd40 every few rides and it takes the noise away. I dont like the idea of grease trapping dirt.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I have had six sets of these shocks and found a shot of WD40 into the hiem joint works great. I spray them right after washing, letting them sit wet is the worst. .The hiem joints will rust. You need to make sure there is antisieze in the bolt when you install them.

·
Registered
818 Posts
You need to use a dry graphite lube. This will not collect dust which in turns acts like sand paper and wears out the heim joints faster.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Call walker evans and ask them. i've called them a few times to get advice and solutions to a few issues and they have been really helpfull

·
Registered
279 Posts
There's a rubber o-ring that keeps the dirt out - greasing the heim joint is the only real solution. If you keep the grease inside the o-ring there's no grease that will attract dirt.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes the easiest thing to do is to clean the heims really good and then use the graphite lube. I have a needle syringe that I use to squirt some on them with the car in the air. Then grab the shock body and work it back and forth. Once it drys you should be good until until you wash it.

Its part of my routine.
Grease fittings
Clean air filter and re-Oil.
Lube heims

I use the graphite lube on my door hinges and 5 point latches. They start to get sticky after a few trips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts