Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking into the possibility of a group buy direct through Factory UTV for skid plates.

I figured I would ask if there is any interest so we can have an idea of what kind of discount we may be able to receive.

I have a message into Bob, but so far Beth at the shop did mention they would need to ship to the same location. So obviously this makes it a little more challenging. I also have asked if we could possibly just pick our own individual order up from the local hub vs someone’s house.

If they do need to ship to the same address, is anyone in the general Flint, Mi area interested?

Or if shipping anywhere is possible, any interest?

I know we have two orders for sure, and 99% sure of a third order ourselves.

Here’s the link to the Factory UTV website:Home - Factory UTV

If you’re interested, post you rig info and potential order. I’ll email once we have a list of rigs and the orders to get the group pricing.

TY!!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I could be interested but have 2 issues I do not know if it will work with my low profile rock sliders or my firewall gaurds. I have been searching around but doesn't look like anything will work with both. I just looked at a picture of the factory utv one and cant really tell from the picture if it will work....?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could be interested but have 2 issues I do not know if it will work with my low profile rock sliders or my firewall gaurds. I have been searching around but doesn't look like anything will work with both. I just looked at a picture of the factory utv one and cant really tell from the picture if it will work....?
Understand.

Maybe if you post a pic of your rig, others might be able to help answer the question.

What firewall guards do you have? Those are another accessory I plan on getting.

TY!!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I like the mcnasty guards I have but I like the way the thunder hawks mount better than the mcnastys

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am looking into the possibility of a group buy through Factory UTV for skid plates.

I figured I would ask if there is any interest so we can have an idea of what kind of discount we may be able to receive.

I have a message into Bob, but so far Beth at the shop did mention they would need to ship to the same location. So obviously this makes it a little more challenging. I also have asked if we could possibly just pick our own individual order up from the local hub vs someone’s house.

If they do need to ship to the same address, is anyone in the general Flint, Mi area interested?

Or if shipping anywhere is possible, any interest?

I know we have two orders for sure, and 99% sure of a third order ourselves.

TY!!!

ps: Sorry for the initial blank post.... almost dropped the phone and catching it caused it to post!!! ?
I just put a Tusk skid plate on last month. I had already put a front bumper and factory rock sliders on. They said it wouldn't work and I'd have to take the sliders off. I just left their side pieces off and then screwed the sides of the skid thru the slider into the frame.
Good luck trying to get enough buyers together for a discount.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So now that the holidays have past. and things are getting back to normal is there any interest in a group buy?

Shipping to separate addresses does sound possible. But it sounds like there would be a little better discount if shipping was to the same address.

The one thing I’m not sure is possible is if we could just do a pick up at the local “hub” (ups/fed ex/ etc). That way anyone somewhat local could just pick their skid plate up there.

TY!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
So now that the holidays have past. and things are getting back to normal is there any interest in a group buy?

Shipping to separate addresses does sound possible. But it sounds like there would be a little better discount if shipping was to the same address.

The one thing I’m not sure is possible is if we could just do a pick up at the local “hub” (ups/fed ex/ etc). That way anyone somewhat local could just pick their skid plate up there.

TY!!!
I would do something like this but I am in california and i only want the FUTV trailing arm sliders

·
Registered
355 Posts
How many more people do u need to get in on this? What kind of price are you looking to get per skid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How many more people do u need to get in on this? What kind of price are you looking to get per skid?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what was messaged to me, the final pricing for each order will depend on the total number of skid plates ordered and if they are being shipped to different addresses or the same address.

I added a link to the Factory UTV website in the op so you can search you rig for available options and standard pricing. Then once we have a list of the rig and order from all those interest I’ll email for the group price for each person.

·
Registered
380 Posts
so
From what was messaged to me, the final pricing for each order will depend on the total number of skid plates ordered and if they are being shipped to different addresses or the same address.

I added a link to the Factory UTV website in the op so you can search you rig for available options and standard pricing. Then once we have a list of the rig and order from all those interest I’ll email for the group price for each person.
Have they told you a specific number of how many people we need to get the best price, i would assume the more people the cheaper but im wondering if there is just a simple number. how many do you think you have so far?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so

Have they told you a specific number of how many people we need to get the best price, i would assume the more people the cheaper but im wondering if there is just a simple number. how many do you think you have so far?
I was not told a specific number required yet. Just to get the order together and they would then tell us the specific discount.

We have three confirmed so far, and some additional interest. But no one has posted their rig info and what they would like to order.

I’ll post what I received in a message regarding the specifics.
EB1F8E29-5504-4F17-96E2-080FAF69B61E.png

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was not told a specific number required yet. Just to get the order together and they would then tell us the specific discount.

We have three confirmed so far, and some additional interest. But no one has posted their rig info and what they would like to order.

I’ll post what I received in a message regarding the specifics. View attachment 643631
Does a PM work better for vehicle info or just on here?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts