Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Vendor
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factory UTV, the first name in UTV undercarriage protection introduces another industry first with their UHMW Rock Sliders for the Polaris RZR 800. These sliders are constructed from ultra tough 1/2 UHMW providing that rugged yet very slick UHMW protection to your vulnerable and exposed RZR rocker panels. These can be run with or without our skid plates and give you the protection you need without robbing you of that much needed ground or side clearance or the low hanging hardware found on the Polaris Rock Sliders. No drilling or cutting required, these bolt into existing holes. Combine them with our UHMW skidplates and A-arm guards for the ultimate RZR protection package. $139 retail - $124 forum members.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bob,
Checked out your site. Nice products. Couldn't find the rzr rock sliders. Thanks for any help. Doesn't look like they would interfere with the gas tank protector.

Gregg
2010 black stealth rzr
2011 camo ranger crew

·
Vendor
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are very nice Bob...how far under do they go? Any pics of the underside?
Thanks Bil, this is about the best pic I have of the underside right now. This set is installed with our skids which mount on top of the sliders. They wrap around the lower edge and go inboard about 3/4 as much as they go up on the outside if that makes sense.

·
Vendor
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bob,
Checked out your site. Nice products. Couldn't find the rzr rock sliders. Thanks for any help. Doesn't look like they would interfere with the gas tank protector.

Gregg
2010 black stealth rzr
2011 camo ranger crew
Sorry Gregg, I'll have them up on the site today, as you can see I got these pics up after midnight last night :) No problem with the tank protector.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey Bob,

Do you send longer bolts with the sliders, since the UHMW is doubled up?

Those look nice. The little detail you cut into them is a nice touch. :)

Also, what are the chances of you making these in 3/8"?

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Do you know if they will fit through the 50" gate when installed?
On this stock 800 RZR with Bighorn tires they are not the widest part of the vehicle. I'd say they widen the body 1 inch total.
That might give some of us that ride 50" trails a concern. Those pictures are of a RZR that looks to have BigHorns out to 52" in front and 55" in back. With alternate wheels and tires that are only 50" total width with your sliders on will the total width exceed 50" ?

That's the critical question. The gates sometimes have metal edges and rip plastic apart, and deny access.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Those look way-good Bob....I like that they are a good fit and do not hang out the sides...to get hung up on something...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey Rick,
I measure 49" across to the outside of the rocker panels, with the tape laying across the upper cup holder.

When we went through 50" gates, I noticed the upper front edge of the rear fender well, and the ribcage/shoulder protector were the tightest points as we went through.

3/8" UHMW would be a homerun!!

·
Vendor
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Rick,
I measure 49" across to the outside of the rocker panels, with the tape laying across the upper cup holder.

When we went through 50" gates, I noticed the upper front edge of the rear fender well, and the ribcage/shoulder protector were the tightest points as we went through.

3/8" UHMW would be a homerun!!
For those that need 3/8 just call to order and ask, we'll do them in 3/8 for you no problem. We went with 1/2 inch for that extra bit of protection.

·
Vendor
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On this stock 800 RZR with Bighorn tires they are not the widest part of the vehicle. I'd say they widen the body 1 inch total.
That might give some of us that ride 50" trails a concern. Those pictures are of a RZR that looks to have BigHorns out to 52" in front and 55" in back. With alternate wheels and tires that are only 50" total width with your sliders on will the total width exceed 50" ?

That's the critical question. The gates sometimes have metal edges and rip plastic apart, and deny access.
That's your RZR Rick so you'd know exactly what the measurements are. Seems to me the fender flares are the widest point on the stock steel wheeled 800 RZR? I have to admit I've never ridden through a 50 inch gate though...

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts

So 49" plus 1/2 and 1/2 is 50" if it is tight at widest point. It is critical! Those gates can be brutal. Like when vertical gates at a sloping trail 3' in front or behind the gate.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
The way I see it, I'd rather squeeze your RZR through a 50" gate with the FUTV rock sliders bolted up to save damaging your plastic. The sliders will take all of the brunt. Chances are, that if you have have a half inch of clearance on either side without the sliders, your going to be rubbing every time you go through....unless of course, you are a trained, high precision driver!!!!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I stoped by Factory UTV on Saturday, on my way to Chico, to pick up my 1/2" skid plate, A arm guards and gas tank protector. I saw David putting the finishing touches on a set of the new rock sliders, they look great. I wish I would have waited for these instead of putting on the Polaris rock guards, the UHMW is cheaper and will function better on the trail.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
The way I see it, I'd rather squeeze your RZR through a 50" gate with the FUTV rock sliders bolted up to save damaging your plastic. The sliders will take all of the brunt. Chances are, that if you have have a half inch of clearance on either side without the sliders, your going to be rubbing every time you go through....unless of course, you are a trained, high precision driver!!!!
Bill as an old man who doesn't drive well putting a 50" machine through a 50" opening allows me to hear clearly where the plastic is being gouged to the greatest degree. I just want to get through. I hate the reverse gouges when I have to back up!

·
Vendor
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chances are, that if you have have a half inch of clearance on either side without the sliders, your going to be rubbing every time you go through
That's what I was thinking, 1/2 inch of clearance you better be lined up perfectly or something is rubbing! Glad I haven't come across one of those yet :scared2:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts