Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Constructed from 1 1/4 inch chromoly steel tubing and CNC machined ¼ inch high tensile steel axle holders. Mounts using Black Max Teflon lined 15,000 lb chromoly heim rod ends that can be adjusted for an extra 2 inches in length if desired. Powdercoated for a tough long lasting finish, this kit comes complete with custom molded UHMW skid plate. This setup will put the RZR 170 broken arm issues to rest once and for all. Don't waste your money on the junk oem replacement. $449 retail, $429 Forum Member's.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
Looks incredible Bob...well done. I'm heading down to the Oregon Dunes on Saturday with both of my RZRs...I'm hoping my kids rear swing arm will last the week, but if it does go, I hope it's on the last day...then I'll have a good excuse for the wife to get this new swingarm from you!!!!

I like how you bubbled the UHMW skid...does this give the rest of the swing arm a little more ground clearance?

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks incredible Bob...well done. I'm heading down to the Oregon Dunes on Saturday with both of my RZRs...I'm hoping my kids rear swing arm will last the week, but if it does go, I hope it's on the last day...then I'll have a good excuse for the wife to get this new swingarm from you!!!!

I like how you bubbled the UHMW skid...does this give the rest of the swing arm a little more ground clearance?
Sucks to have a trip ruined by a broken machine, that's for sure :rm_thumbdown:

Yes the idea behind the bubble is improved ground clearance which the 170 needs badly. Looks pretty cool too :)

Have a great trip, I've been itching to get back up there for a ride, that area is one of my favorites.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, that looks great Bob. We can't wait to pick up our son's 170 from your shop and go riding on the new swing arm. After breaking our factory swing arm for the 2nd time this last trip to the Oregon Dunes, this will be an exciting/well needed upgrade. Another great product from Factory UTV!

Bill

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
Would love to buy one as well, but not for a broken down machine on vacation!!!

I was comparing your swingarm photos to my OEM swingarm....can I assume the chain tension is set by the heim rod ends? The more I look at your photos, the more impressed I am!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
You should put a patent on this Bob. very good idea.i will get one if my daughter ever breaks hers but she is so light and really doesnt ride hers very rough for now. Its held up for now.looks like it would slide over rocks easy ?

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Would love to buy one as well, but not for a broken down machine on vacation!!!

I was comparing your swingarm photos to my OEM swingarm....can I assume the chain tension is set by the heim rod ends? The more I look at your photos, the more impressed I am!
Chain adjusts almost exactly like the stock one, just adjusts at the top of the carrier rather than bottom. Thanks for the compliments, David is definitely a top notch design and fab guy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.