Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed Pro Armor 4 point harnesses on my XP PRO Sport. I am doing some work on it and when I took the driver seat out I noticed a good 1/4 inch cut on both belts caused by the seats. Anyone experience this before. Not sure If I need to grind them down or put some kind of protector on to prevent it. I had to order another set of belts.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris RZR Pro XP4 Premium
13 Posts
I had a similar problem with my passenger seat on a XP Pro 4. With the seatbelts running inside the seat slots, the hard sharp edge plastic was clearly ‘cutting’ into the belt. I since wrapped the plastic in black gorilla tape. Then I gave in and bought new PRP front seats ($$$). They are much more comfortable and the belts while in a single slot don’t rub and tear against anything sharp edged. Mine didn’t tear quite enough to replace…..I hope. But definitely, a clear abrasion in them. Grinding down and smoothing out the edges on the seat slots could help and look better than my tape solution. I don’t trust my grinding skills with the dremel tool. Just wanted you to know you aren’t alone on this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL yeah I had the same ideas, I said I could maybe put some tape over it, same boat I'm not sure if I want to take a grinder to it maybe I'll try sanding it down a bit. Right now they are not terrible but its a decent 1/8th in cut on both sides of the strap for the driver side harnesses. Who did you get your seats through as if this doesn't work I might look at that option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered and received the PRP RST seats. They are not terribly difficult to install but you have to actually unbolt the seatbelts and unclip the seatbelt sensor under the cup holder to make it all work. You will definitely need a 10mm ratcheting closed end wrench. Mine broke mid-installation so a trip to Harbor Freight was required.

They take about 8 weeks as they are custom made per your color specifications. They are really nice, comfortable seats but about $1,200 for a pair of front seats.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I ordered and received the PRP RST seats. They are not terribly difficult to install but you have to actually unbolt the seatbelts and unclip the seatbelt sensor under the cup holder to make it all work. You will definitely need a 10mm ratcheting closed end wrench. Mine broke mid-installation so a trip to Harbor Freight was required.

They take about 8 weeks as they are custom made per your color specifications. They are really nice, comfortable seats but about $1,200 for a pair of front seats.
Have you noticed if the prp seats are any taller or shorter then the stock seats? I'll be in the market for seats that sit up a bit higher then stock, as the seating position in the pro sits lower then previous models, and the wife and I are short. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes. I think they sit higher. Let me take a couple pics later and post them. They are much more comfortable than the stock seats.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you noticed if the prp seats are any taller or shorter then the stock seats? I'll be in the market for seats that sit up a bit higher then stock, as the seating position in the pro sits lower then previous models, and the wife and I are short. Thanks

I have got installed one set of these seat risers and I am very satisfied, I fill now seating at similar high position than in my previous XP 1000 in terms of visibility, Home Page - SuperATV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts