Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay backstory first. Rocky AZ trails with a 4 seater family wagon. Enjoyed the soft oem ride until the springs sagged. After cranking preload down it rode stiff. Went to the Shock Therapy spring setup next and hated the stiff ride at cruising. Got the Extreme rzr tenders installed and now I have the 16.5/16 GC with a nice soft ride in comfort mode. Keep in mind what mattered most to me was GC and softness in comfort mode but still hit whoops decent at 50 in sport/firm. That’s what the Extreme tenders gave me.
Running almost no preload in the front to get the ride height right might be what is leading to the soft ride. Obviously it’s a lot more spring though so I might add limit straps as they clunk when shocks extend. Comfort mode is very soft which I like. For $300 I would definitely recommend. I’ll include pics of oem, ST, and than Extreme tenders

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Part number and where did you purchase from ??

I've got a 19 Turbo S 4 and have been dealing with the dreaded ride height and spring adjustments.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I've got a 19 Turbo S 4 and have been dealing with the dreaded ride height and spring adjustments.
They seem like a small company. I was recommended them by someone here. You have to call and order. They did ship same day and were friendly about it. I do prefer online ordering though. https://www.xtremerzrperformance.com/

·
Registered
294 Posts
Okay backstory first. Rocky AZ trails with a 4 seater family wagon. Enjoyed the soft oem ride until the springs sagged. After cranking preload down it rode stiff. Went to the Shock Therapy spring setup next and hated the stiff ride at cruising. Got the Extreme rzr tenders installed and now I have the 16.5/16 GC with a nice soft ride in comfort mode. Keep in mind what mattered most to me was GC and softness in comfort mode but still hit whoops decent at 50 in sport/firm. That’s what the Extreme tenders gave me.

Running almost no preload in the front to get the ride height right might be what is leading to the soft ride. Obviously it’s a lot more spring though so I might add limit straps as they clunk when shocks extend. Comfort mode is very soft which I like. For $300 I would definitely recommend. I’ll include pics of oem, ST, and than Extreme tenders

I second everything he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts

They seem like a small company. I was recommended them by someone here. You have to call and order. They did ship same day and were friendly about it. I do prefer online ordering though. https://www.xtremerzrperformance.com/
I'm wondering if they developed a set for the Velocity model as well. Seems a few owners complained of a similar situation with the springs sagging.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you running stock springs with the tenders? Or some combination of shock therapy and tenders?
Stock lowers with the Extreme tenders on top. Shock Therapy springs were returned for a partial refund even though they claim a satisfaction guarantee. The fronts had to be compressed a good amount to go on but then needed hardly any preload to obtain correct ground clearance. Very pleased with the ride. I will test more next weekend and hopefully no sag

·
Registered
294 Posts
Are you running stock springs with the tenders? Or some combination of shock therapy and tenders?

Stock lowers with the Extreme tenders on top. Shock Therapy springs were returned for a partial refund even though they claim a satisfaction guarantee. The fronts had to be compressed a good amount to go on but then needed hardly any preload to obtain correct ground clearance. Very pleased with the ride. I will test more next weekend and hopefully no sag

Turbo- did you end up with the same measurements as mine? 1.5” for the fronts and 5.25” in the rear? This was from the top of the collars to the top of the shock threads. Have you readjusted once they sagged a bit from the original settings?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Man, you guys have me nervous about the Shock Therapy issues. I too live in AZ and just had my springs replaced and suspension revalved by them this past Monday. I stressed to them over and over, I want soft and plush (even referencing the other thread in this forum). And they repeatedly stressed to me that they've fixed things (different valving and spring now). I guess I'll see for myself either this weekend or next - as soon as the it's less than 110 to test it out.

It's a real shame we pay $30k (or whatever) for a machine whose springs sag as much as they do as quickly as they do. I have 15 hours on my RZR and the tenders were fully collapsed on pretty much all four corners and I'd lost almost 2" of clearance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Man, you guys have me nervous about the Shock Therapy issues. I too live in AZ and just had my springs replaced and suspension revalved by them this past Monday. I stressed to them over and over, I want soft and plush (even referencing the other thread in this forum). And they repeatedly stressed to me that they've fixed things (different valving and spring now). I guess I'll see for myself either this weekend or next - as soon as the it's less than 110 to test it out.

It's a real shame we pay $30k (or whatever) for a machine whose springs sag as much as they do as quickly as they do. I have 15 hours on my RZR and the tenders were fully collapsed on pretty much all four corners and I'd lost almost 2" of clearance.
What machine do you have?

·
Registered
294 Posts
stock lowers will sag,, just sayin

Your saying they are going to sag even more than they have already at 1000 miles? What would be your fix for the sag and stiffness?

No, the tenders sagged a big after installation. Once they did, it was over and they have remained consistent since. So, I installed them and had 18” of GC. They sagged a good deal, then I added preload. What are your measurements from collar to top threads as compared to mine?

·
Registered
239 Posts
So, couldn't a person just do the tender swap listed here, and add crossover rings to make it a true dual-rate? It just seems strange that you wouldn't start compressing the main spring until the tender was in coil bind like the stock tender.

·
Registered
294 Posts
So, couldn't a person just do the tender swap listed here, and add crossover rings to make it a true dual-rate? It just seems strange that you wouldn't start compressing the main spring until the tender was in coil bind like the stock tender.

I don’t see why you couldn’t. But with the tender and moving collars, both springs compress.

·
Registered
38 Posts

I have the XP 4 Turbo S.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts

I have the XP 4 Turbo S.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Me too, very curious about your review.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Turbo- did you end up with the same measurements as mine? 1.5” for the fronts and 5.25” in the rear? This was from the top of the collars to the top of the shock threads. Have you readjusted once they sagged a bit from the original settings?
I’ll include pics of measurements, not sure if we start at the same point. I’m still a little high in the front so some sag won’t be bad. I only did a 5 mile river bottom ride by my house so no sag yet. It’s where I test all my adjustments

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts

I’ll include pics of measurements, not sure if we start at the same point. I’m still a little high in the front so some sag won’t be bad. I only did a 5 mile river bottom ride by my house so no sag yet. It’s where I test all my adjustments

My rears sagged much more than the fronts, FYI.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts