Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried searching to see if anybody else has had this happen to them without much luck. The story goes that my brother (who is building an exo-cage for me) gave his daughter a 5 mile ride and when he got it back to his house it made a loud pop (obviously) and died. There was plenty of oil in it but this is what popped.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My brother lives about three hours away from me so I haven't seen it myself but he said that he could grab the rod and pull it up about a half inch and it doesn't move the crank. Whether that is the cause or the aftermath I couldn't tell you. The cylinder has two big gouges in it as well, presumably as a result, and I don't know about the valves. The head is marred but may be able to be fixed.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it does look expensive (cringe)...I'm thinkin' I just as well do the big bore kit while I'm at it. Most of that stuff generally comes in a BBK doesn't it? Minus the crank and rods maybe. I think the valves might be okay...dunno yet though.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the cylinder is wasted too, it has two big gouges in it. I've only read a little about the BBKs and have seen "bolt on" which leads me to believe that a new jug comes with it but I don't know...getting ready to do a little more research on it. Anybody that does know about the BBKs is welcome to chime in at any time.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I was kinda figuring that I would have to pay the extra $$ without a core. Rebuild, unfortunately, is going to have to be on hold for a little while...a piece at a time kinda thing. So is the crank pressed together and not rebuildable or can I just replace the rod? Thank you guys for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.