Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a not so computer literate friend with an exhaust heat problem. It GLOWS bright orange all the way to the muffler.:banghead: Our local dealer has replaced the computer, injectors, throttle body, tps sensor, tps harness spark plugs and tried an after market programer, still the same. Any one have any ideas. Please help. Thanks in advance for the help

·
Screw dunes..show me mud!
1,168 Posts
I remember the first time I saw mine glow at night.....freaked me out to say the least. That being said, they just plain get that hot. I have an AFR gauge installed in mine and it has never been close to being lean but still gets that hot......just no more glow with the Muzzys. Maybe the stainless is the answer?

·
Screw dunes..show me mud!
1,168 Posts
Have they run a test with an Air Fuel Ratio gauge to see if it's running lean at the dealer? Seems like they've thrown alot of parts at it! Maybe compare EGT's to another machine and see how much hotter it is...if any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies Darren. They have not checked the A/F ratio I'll suggest that

Anyone else have any input

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Have they run a test with an Air Fuel Ratio gauge to see if it's running lean at the dealer? Seems like they've thrown allot of parts at it! Maybe compare EGT's to another machine and see how much hotter it is...if any.
This is so true. I have not been a member to long here, but have sure seen a big trend here to just start tossing Exhaust Systems and Fueling Boxes on their rigs with out ensuring the Air Fuel Ratios! Crazy stuff, and running such a risk of damaging their engines.

And as far as Exhaust Systems, I have not found a system that does any better than the S exhaust! But oh do they claim improvements! I do agree with a Fueling Box to correct the Factory Fueling. Get it set correct and leave it.

I bet as a many internal engine problems arise from not just Air Filter problems, but from incorrect fueling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does he have a ignition programer or aftermarket cdi? timing will make ex glow

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Just speculating, but it sounds to me like retarded ignition timing, which will make the headers glow. A rich-of-peak fuel ratio will also cause the headers to glow, since it contributes to "after-burn" in the header-pipe. The O/P doesn't say what year-model his friend's RZR is, but I suspect that the problem is ignition-timing related; on the 2011 & 2012 800 RZR, Polaris changed the timing and the fuel-curves. My two-bits.........

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts