Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, looking at the micro fiche and the part numbers, the exhaust gasket is the same on the 2009 and the 2011/12 800. This leads me to believe that the manifold will bolt up to the 2009. If you look at the two of them side by side, you will see that the 2011/12 is a superior design to the 2009. On the 09, the exhaust gas is immediately compressed into one pipe upon exiting the engine. On the 11/12, you have what appears to be at least a foot of dual pipes before it is compressed into the single pipe, which is most likely why you see no gains in HP on the newer models. The routing should be the same or close enough to make it work. Still need to know if anyone has done this yet?

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, more info. It appears, according to micro fische and parts numbers that a 2009 "s" exhaust is the same as the 11/12 rzr 800 exhaust. Looks like they just did away with the original 800 design....

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Yeah I had a 09 50" standard and bought a used 2010 manifold to give mine a lil more.. The swap worked fine..The standards had 52 hp and the S "H.O." had 55 hp.. The manifold, cam and headwork was the differance

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Yes they fit!!

·
<<< My personal RZR jack
612 Posts
I changed my complete 2010 Y exhaust to the newer 2011 ''s'' exhaust with no problems at all but did not noticed any gain in HP. If this is what your are looking for you will be as dissapointed as i was. The only good thing is i will not have to change the Y manifold that cracked on me twice in 2 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry I know this is an old thread but I have a related question.
I have a 2010 RZR 800 with an aftermarket duel exhaust.
I found someone that will trade me for their 2011 stock exhaust.
Will the 2011 stock exhaust fit my 2010 with no modifications?

Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts