Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 RZR 4 900 I have excess heat coming through the the firewall and where the cup holders are, if you put a bottle of water in one of the front cup holders at the end of the ride you can make a hot cup of tea, if you’re ankle hits the bottom part of the console you will almost burn yourself, anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
382 Posts
A Polaris RZR with too much heat in the center console?

Well, that's a first. . . . . . . . . NOT!

Try a RZR 1000. It will cook your ankles and turn your cold soda to a hot drink. Great if you drive in the winter and like hot chocolate.

Search Wolfsnout LINKY for insulation kits. It helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just placed some insulation around the cup holders and put a small sheet of it over the coolant lines under the cup holder. I think it should help.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
On my 2017 XPT I went with the Wolfsnout UTV-Cooler-Cab-Kit. Before I did this a frozen water bottle in the cup holder riding in 75 degree weather the ice would be melted in under 1 hour. After the kit was installed the frozen bottle of water same outside air temp there was still ice in the bottle 2 hours later. The heat in the cab was cut way down.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Simple fix..........remove console, turn it over, use some spray foam around cup holders, let it dry/cure, re-install console. $5 bucks spent. Works great.
More expensive fix..........your fan should be coming on at 204-206, not 218-224.

·
Registered
567 Posts
2017 RZR 4 900 I have excess heat coming through the the firewall and where the cup holders are, if you put a bottle of water in one of the front cup holders at the end of the ride you can make a hot cup of tea, if you’re ankle hits the bottom part of the console you will almost burn yourself, anyone else have this problem?
It's like that in all of them, here's a solution:
https://wolfsnout.net/shop/utv-accessories/utv-cooler-cab-kit/

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Remember everybody that the spray foam is flammable even after it has cured

I have wrapped the coolant lines with header wrap and used fire block spray foam on multiple rzr’s with very good results and is by far the cheapest way to do it. If you have a open flame in your console it’s going to burn with or without spray foam.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GREAT-STUFF-16-oz-Fireblock-Insulating-Foam-Sealant-with-Quick-Stop-Straw-99053992/207077797

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well some ppl wouldnt think to use the fireblock spray they would use the normal gap filler stuff and the header wrap is a good idea also. I am just saying that the stuff can catch fire it's not fireproof

·
Registered
432 Posts

I have wrapped the coolant lines with header wrap and used fire block spray foam on multiple rzr’s with very good results and is by far the cheapest way to do it. If you have a open flame in your console it’s going to burn with or without spray foam.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GREAT-STUFF-16-oz-Fireblock-Insulating-Foam-Sealant-with-Quick-Stop-Straw-99053992/207077797

Along with a LOT of other stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I use the spray foam on my derby cars and it has caught fire from sparks from cutting on the car with torches, I geuss I am trying to make ppl that dont know aware of that

·
Registered
397 Posts

Along with a LOT of other stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes I use it also for alot of stuff I'm not saying anybody is wrong for it

·
Registered
781 Posts
Simple fix..........remove console, turn it over, use some spray foam around cup holders, let it dry/cure, re-install console. $5 bucks spent. Works great.
More expensive fix..........your fan should be coming on at 204-206, not 218-224.
What he said ^.......will make a world of difference

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's like that in all of them, here's a solution:
https://wolfsnout.net/shop/utv-accessories/utv-cooler-cab-kit/
Great solution with the Wolfsnout! I'm happy with it on my Turbo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts