Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Exaust help on "RZR Construction build..

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  jmattor 
#1 ·
OK guys... I have a headache and dont feel like a bunch of research that all of you can help me with by the time I wake up in the moning (9am) thats noon EST. so here it is...WHat exhaust should I get? What the heck is the differance, I see:

Full exhaust system,
slip on system
3/4 systems,
spark arestors. blah blah blah.....

Guys just help me make the right decision..Thats what this Family is all about.. You all know what Im building and I dont want some piece of crap thrown on it...
NOW, It must be able to accomidate the Hotze Stage 3 big bore, Im not going Turbo or Weber...I have nothing against any of them, I actually Love them all..I want to get into racing when I move to the lower 48 and that appears to be the type of class I like, and if not (because of health) well... The stage 3 is plenty for me..There will ALWAYS be someone out there who is bigger and better, I just want my machine to be me! its very personal, Thats why I fell in love with the body kit... I served my country with pride, it was cut short ( I wanted to do 30 years, I made E-7 in 8 years), and I just want to enjoy what time I have left... BTW someone on the last thread (the one about building my RZR asked why I was on life support.. If you go to this link you can read about a snap shot of my life. It was on the Front page of the Alaska Daily News Paper.. I can fill in the blanks later but needless to say after they did the article things got worse... A lot worse!! here is the link...

It is titled; Behing Purple Heart, medical hassle and heartache.

Julia O'Malley : Behind Purple Heart, medical hassle and heartache | adn.com

If you are a veteran, it might be a difficult article to read.. It was a special operations mission gone bad..The Airforce dropped a 500LB bomb On me and my Iraqi team...1 2men died that day and I woke up in an Iraqi Hospital...

See less See more
#3 ·
from what I understand and correct me if I'm wrong....
full system is everything from where the exhaust bolts to the motor to the muffler, all inclusive
3/4 system uses the header or exhaust manifold from your current set up and replaces everything else
slip on is just a new muffler all the tubing stays stock
spark arrestor is the little "screen" that fits in the end of the muffler. Most public riding places (at least in PA) require these. They keep the muffler from emitting sparks which may cause a forest fire.
exhaust manifold vs. header- Both are the pieces that bolt to the motor. Exhaust manifold is typically cast iron, somewhat more bulky and holds more heat closer to the motor. Header is more of a straight piping and offers better flow.
Hope this helps a little...

#5 ·
Thank you for your service.
All the best with your recovery.
And good luck with your Build. Great looking rzr. I would get with Holtz on your pipe, they will make the best recomendation for your set up.

#12 ·
Thanks all, Thats what I was "kinda" thinkin' w/ the muzzy, But since Im going to go ahead and knock it out in one shot, Ill talk with them first, But if the muzzy is an option over stock..well out goes the stock!

Oh I also did a late night install on the RAZR build project, you can check out the rear lift in the prject thread...Working on the front today!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.