Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered an Evo Magnum XR exhaust and Magnum header- hoping to have it for end of October Glamis trip. Anyone running an Evo with the header and what are your thoughts?

Also, anyone have first hand experience with one of their tunes for the ProR? Im going to wait till after the next Glamis trip which will be my first with the Pro R and then decide if I want to start down the tune/power rabbit hole... but love to hear about any first hand experience.

· CB-BLR
285 Posts
My insight is that when the big 3 (AA, Bikeman, Evo), had a grass drag competition last week in Wisconsin...Both the AA car and the Bikeman car smoked the Evo car. Bikeman ended up winning in the 330ft competition by about 2 car lengths and 5 mph over the AA car, and the EVO car was the slowest of the three. The Evo setup sure is beautiful though...and that is what some guys are into.

Not trying to rain on your parade at all...just sharing what I know since you asked...You can look it up on Facebook.

Chris

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate your explanation- I like the look of the Evo for sure but I think the stock system is pretty nice.
My thought has always been that not a lot can be gained with just a header and can… otherwise the car/cycle… would be delivered that way. But you throw a tune in there and you see a difference…

Evo will be at Camp RZR so I may buy a tune there… But the car seems pretty good as it sits for me…

· CB-BLR
285 Posts
RPM has a chambered muffler that pulls about 100 rpm more than the stock one does with the cat removed...and is quiet. I will be testing the Bikeman muffler here shortly. I found the AA muffler too loud in the cab for my taste.

Chris

· Registered
206 Posts
Talking PRO R

UPS says Wednesday this coming week, my ordered EVO "Magnum" single outlet muffler should arrive. Salesman @ EVO said this single outlet muffler is the quietest muffler they offer for the PRO R. Watching EVO's youtube video on offered PRO R mufflers, I like the looks and sound of the single outlet. Mostly, I really like the sound!!

A bit off topic, but.....

UPS email says on Tuesday this coming week, UPS will be delivering my ordered Bikeman Performance Torque Link tuner and Stage 1 SNYPR clutch kit. Man, I cant wait.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talking PRO R

UPS says Wednesday this coming week, my ordered EVO "Magnum" single outlet muffler should arrive. Salesman @ EVO said this single outlet muffler is the quietest muffler they offer for the PRO R. Watching EVO's youtube video on offered PRO R mufflers, I like the looks and sound of the single outlet. Mostly, I really like the sound!!

A bit off topic, but.....

UPS email says on Tuesday this coming week, UPS will be delivering my ordered Bikeman Performance Torque Link tuner and Stage 1 SNYPR clutch kit. Man, I cant wait.
Post up your experience please

· Premium Member
1,066 Posts
My insight is that when the big 3 (AA, Bikeman, Evo), had a grass drag competition last week in Wisconsin...Both the AA car and the Bikeman car smoked the Evo car. Bikeman ended up winning in the 330ft competition by about 2 car lengths and 5 mph over the AA car, and the EVO car was the slowest of the three. The Evo setup sure is beautiful though...and that is what some guys are into.

Not trying to rain on your parade at all...just sharing what I know since you asked...You can look it up on Facebook.

Chris

Be interesting to know if they all had similar mods, as if Bikeman has their full set up with cam and EVO was just exhaust and headers - would not really be an unexpected outcome.

· CB-BLR
285 Posts

Be interesting to know if they all had similar mods, as if Bikeman has their full set up with cam and EVO was just exhaust and headers - would not really be an unexpected outcome.
AA Setup: BC Cams, ECU Tune, Clutch Kit, AA Helix, AA Header, AA Muffler

Bikeman Setup: Bikeman/BC Cams, Ported head, ECU Tune, Clutch Kit, Stock Helix, Stock Exhaust, Bikeman muffler.

EVO Setup: BC Cams, ECU Tune, Clutch Kit, Stock Helix, EVO Header, EVO XR Muffler.

AA uses a wheel dyno to do development work.
EVO uses a hub dyno to do development work.
Bikeman uses an engine dyno to do development work.

Bikeman has proprietary cams that they developed with BC.

Hope this helps,
Chris

· Premium Member
1,066 Posts

Bikeman Setup: Bikeman/BC Cams, Ported head, ECU Tune, Clutch Kit, Stock Helix, Stock Exhaust, Bikeman muffler.

EVO Setup: BC Cams, ECU Tune, Clutch Kit, Stock Helix, EVO Header, EVO XR Muffler.

Hope this helps,
Chris
Great information!

· Registered
10 Posts

Hope this helps,
Chris
interesting that AA was so close with a stock ported head. I think when people like 4p/prayonto/etc (specialize in the 4 cylinder space) start working their magic we’ll see some very nice gains NA.

side note, I wonder what the stock head flows? I would assume 250 cfm or so. To put that in perspective, my 2.4 Honda flows 29x cfm from the factory and I have right around 27x whp on e85. A 4p 5x cnc head alone will boost that to 35x cfm and people are making well into the 325+ whp with them just bolting the head on with cams.

this new motor should be exciting for everyone as it’s got a ton of potential na or fi

· Registered
10 Posts
Two car lengths and 5mph difference at 330ft. Had the track been longer than 330ft...the difference would have been greater. But I agree...the AA car made a great showing with just easily bolt on parts.
I guess my point was looking at the dyno differences on bike man results, I would’ve expected the gap to be a bit bigger. They show a gain of 27x -> 330 crank hp meaning that the head work alone is proving to be a clear winner and not necessarily the rest.

basically they won because they had an advantage over the rest of the competition. A better showing in my eyes would’ve been same mods to show they didn’t need the advantage to win. Putting their products ahead of the others, but you know what they say about opinions lol.

· Registered
206 Posts
Post up your experience please
Got Evo muffler installed on PRO R. Rode on trails and country roads for a couple hours. Sounds good. Really nice product. The craftsmanship is amazing. Fit perfectly.

I don't know if machine runs better. To me, sure sounds better at idle. Is not loud. I like the muffler a lot.
IMO- To my ears, PRO R is not louder with new EVO muffler compared to stock muffler. My wife for once agrees.

I have Bikeman PRO R Stage 1 Snypr clutch kit and Bikeman Torque Link ECU tuner.
Probably try and install tune tomorrow.

Attachments

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EVP rear facia delete just announced... I like the look. Shows off the fancy exhaust better. lol Even if you might get burned...

1,217 Posts
I guess my point was looking at the dyno differences on bike man results, I would’ve expected the gap to be a bit bigger. They show a gain of 27x -> 330 crank hp meaning that the head work alone is proving to be a clear winner and not necessarily the rest.

basically they won because they had an advantage over the rest of the competition. A better showing in my eyes would’ve been same mods to show they didn’t need the advantage to win. Putting their products ahead of the others, but you know what they say about opinions lol.
330 feet is a short distance like Chris mentioned. A longer race, we would have been pulling more away. All cars were comparable to mods having cams. Ours still had the factory header. Its run what you brung. And we brought enough that day. We also won the stock turbo class with our Pro Xp as well

1,217 Posts
interesting that AA was so close with a stock ported head. I think when people like 4p/prayonto/etc (specialize in the 4 cylinder space) start working their magic we’ll see some very nice gains NA.

side note, I wonder what the stock head flows? I would assume 250 cfm or so. To put that in perspective, my 2.4 Honda flows 29x cfm from the factory and I have right around 27x whp on e85. A 4p 5x cnc head alone will boost that to 35x cfm and people are making well into the 325+ whp with them just bolting the head on with cams.

this new motor should be exciting for everyone as it’s got a ton of potential na or fi
Those are great headwork companies you listed as some of our employees have 4Piston heads on their boosted Hondas as well making huge power. We have reached out to them to see if they would like to collaborate with us. Currently TPR does the CNC porting on our Pro R heads. We are always looking for more so stay tuned for our big bore stroker coming soon.
Again the race is only 330 feet. Pretty short distance. Race a 1/8 mile or a 1/4 and the outcome would have been more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts