Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Can't 'Member.
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stumped.
Have a call in to dealer.
Intalled the J tube and the BOV and a charge tube, careful with all sensors when installing, put back together and the thing starts hard, won't take throttle, runs lousy in general Never run into this, looking for ideas. Checked all connections I can find, checked plug wires, no joy. No codes either. Thoughts?

·
Can't 'Member.
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plug in place on the extra little port, battery seems storng but I can test in am...it is a Odyssey 1200

·
Registered
6 Posts
Plug in place on the extra little port, battery seems storng but I can test in am...it is a Odyssey 1200
Maybe you damaged the the O2 sensor or got it dirty during installation? I can’t think of any reason it shouldn’t run normally unless something was damaged or installed incorrectly seeing as it’s just piping and a BOV. Odd for sure

·
Registered
168 Posts
I assume it ran properly before this work? If so, I would guess you inadvertently disconnected something, or you have a leak some where? How about putting the stock parts back and see what happens?

·
Can't 'Member.
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The two sensors involved at the IAT which it up in the top of the J tube, it is plugged in correctly, and the MAP sensor, which is in the Charge air tube right near the bend where the tube goes into the intercooler. It is plugged in correctly too. I was puzzled as to why no codes were thrown, if either sensor was reading out of range that should be the case, dealer agrees with that theory. Dealer is aout 35 miles one way so hoping to sort it out.
IF not Turkey day trip is off, which is par for the course for me, dang thing has less than 500 miles on it, can not seem to get away from here, and when I can, this.. FML...
I could theoretically put the stock tubes back on but, I mean, they are just tubes...

Aprreciate the ideas guys. Hoping someone has had this happen and knows the cure. When I do find the problem I will post the solution.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I dont think there is any reason to put the stock tubes back in they make no difference in performance . You must have something else going on. Recheck every connection and double confirm no leaks ......next try going back to the stock Blow off valve

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
It's going to be something simple. Did you check inside the tubing for packing material? If the IAT or MAP sensors were not reading it would throw a code. BOV will not effect startup or idle. Sounds like the intake is blocked and the engine is not getting air.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Correct the BOV wouldn't explain the bad idle hard start situation ...Keystones are kick 'in in well ... :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :oops: download.jpg

·
Can't 'Member.
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think we figured it out....loose battery terminal. 10 year old grandson "helping".
Will check tomorrow

Reactions: Max H and RZR_Joe

·
Can't 'Member.
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grandson.

He saw the seat laid forward and remembered how I had loosened the battery cable to remove it when I started to work on it. When I got done I tightened it up after the job was done, then got called away for another task. While I was gone he "helped Poppa" by loosening it up again.
I went to start it and test it when I returned after a bit, results listed above.
I tightened it back up again and shazam, all was well again.
He admitted he had "helped poppa" was proud of himself...
He is 10 and hangs out in the shop with me a lot on weekends.
We had a long talk this afternoon when they came back over to BBQ.
He is scary smart. Can't wait til his Dad (my son) gets his shop finished next month, LOL.
Wife reminded me to cherish every moment, this is now a story to laugh about, not a head scratching brain draining pissing me off kinda deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am stumped.
Have a call in to dealer.
Intalled the J tube and the BOV and a charge tube, careful with all sensors when installing, put back together and the thing starts hard, won't take throttle, runs lousy in general Never run into this, looking for ideas. Checked all connections I can find, checked plug wires, no joy. No codes either. Thoughts?
Put the stock bov in and try it. I'm betting that is it

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Must be the reefer!

lose battery terminal. I’ll be darned

was fun seeing rzrjoes thought process though. Seemed pretty well thought out to me!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I read somewhere on these forums a battery would produce those symptoms - look at post #2 in this thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts