Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the evolution power sports "bad ass" belt? I need to replace the belt on my 900S, running a spare right now. I've run OEM, gates and hunterworks. I just recently exploded the hunterworks belt (my fault, not the belts) and looking for a new belt to try.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Anyone running the evolution power sports "bad ass" belt? I need to replace the belt on my 900S, running a spare right now. I've run OEM, gates and hunterworks. I just recently exploded the hunterworks belt (my fault, not the belts) and looking for a new belt to try.

check this video out. im due for a new belt for my 17 turbo and planning on trying this evo belt out.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

check this video out. im due for a new belt for my 17 turbo and planning on trying this evo belt out.

That vid is what caught my attention on these belts, think I'm gonna give it a try. Just seeing if anyone had any feedback on em

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There really is no better belt than the factory. I get 3000 miles out of my belts on a 190hp turbo.
I still have my OEM belt, in fact that might be the spare I have on there right now. From day one the OEM felt real jerky at low speeds so I switched to a gates belt and that problem was solved. Just looking at different options

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
From my snowmobile days to now. I haven't found a belt that could out perform a oem belt.

·
Vendor
10,279 Posts
If it was your fault on our belt just get another and that belt has changed since you bought it too unless you bought it in the last two weeks, our newest belt dimensions were changed to help with the noisy secondary clutches when using thicker belt.

Besides I would give you a deal on the second one

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it was your fault on our belt just get another and that belt has changed since you bought it too unless you bought it in the last two weeks, our newest belt dimensions were changed to help with the noisy secondary clutches when using thicker belt.

Besides I would give you a deal on the second one
That's awful generous of you Todd, much appreciated. In fact I was just on your website this morning doing a little reading on the new belts. It sounds like there is an included washer required with this belt? Does it go behind the secondary? I'd be willing to give it a try and you've always been great to deal with

·
Vendor
10,279 Posts
No sir it goes in the primary, click on the video link on the belt page you are looking at, it explains it and shows you where to put it. Only takes me about one min to install.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts

I just saw that video over the weekend. I was very impressed how that belt held up. My eyes where on that Razorback gauge and I was floored to see it was about 180 degrees after what seemed like a mile maybe two at 80 plus mph. To be fair, I don't know what the ambient temps where or what the belt temps were like with the other belts they tried.

Even with my Airdam set up , on a 80 plus degree day I can hit 200 if I'm running 60 plus for an extended period of time. (OEM belt)

Also, they kept talking about EVO/ G Boost. A couple of years ago when I tried a G Boost belt , Glen Erlandson was the one that started the company and was doing the development. I talked and emailed with him quite a bit. I wonder if he sold the company ?

I test his (E compound) belt after getting my Airdam set up and it seemed to run warmer than the OEM. Granted, I only gave it 10-15 miles then went back to the OEM. Maybe it's possible it takes a little longer to break in , being a harder compound. Maybe I'll revisit it...I've got a stack of new and almost new belts lying around, might as well.

·
Vendor
10,279 Posts
Glen still owns Gboost and the bad ass belts are made by two different companies, I can't say which of theirs is made by who just know two different.

And the belt itself on a RZR will be about the same at high speeds for extended periods of time if you fixed overtravel

our belt never gets over 201 degrees even at 85 mph. I have the std washer in it though.

Only way to make a belt not hit the center of the secondary and make temps go up is to make it too long and that has other affects

Todd

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Glen still owns Gboost and the bad ass belts are made by two different companies, I can't say which of theirs is made by who just know two different.

And the belt itself on a RZR will be about the same at high speeds for extended periods of time if you fixed overtravel

our belt never gets over 201 degrees even at 85 mph. I have the std washer in it though.

Only way to make a belt not hit the center of the secondary and make temps go up is to make it too long and that has other affects

Todd
Todd,
Thanks for clarifying that. From that video I thought the belt was from G Boost.

·
Registered
754 Posts
That video is impressive.

I followed along when they showed an OEM belt wouldn't last 1/2 a lap and then the Bad Ass Belt made it 2.5 laps and now Aaron couldn't break the WBB, World's Best Belt. Not only could he not break it but he could barely get it to 190 degrees.

I really like the Ultimax Belt in my XPT FWIW

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have always said oem is the best. I’d put the belts in this order.
1. OEM
2. G BOOST
3. GATES
4. Leather belt from Walmart
180. Hunterworks belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Synister16
340 Posts
if your getting the evo badass belt make sure you get their latest one.. its called the Worlds Best Belt..
1. Worlds Best Belt - Tested on 400+hp drag sxs and BITD with no failures
2. Sand Storm Belt - Middle of badass and WBB
3. Evo Badass Belt - their 1st belt thats durable also.

note i was on the maverick x3 facebook page one day and they asked todd for his belt to be tested (same guy in the video that was gonna test it) but hunterworks didnt send him none and said their belt was the best..

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
After a little research i found that us RZR guys can't compare what we saw in that video to our machines.

The X3's have larger diameter clutches, the belt is wider, the cover is designed with much better airflow in mind a basically is just a better designed and engineered package.

I did have some cash back points on my CC so i ordered one to see how it works, it cost me $38.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,083 Posts
After a little research i found that us RZR guys can't compare what we saw in that video to our machines.

The X3's have larger diameter clutches, the belt is wider, the cover is designed with much better airflow in mind a basically is just a better designed and engineered package.

I did have some cash back points on my CC so i ordered one to see how it works, it cost me $38.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Nailed It. Please keep us posted on your findings

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.