Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night while riding the snap ring the holds the outer front cv joint together i guess came out and the inner part of the joint pulled out and the boot ripped
in half. Its not a big deal to fix but i was wandering if this is something that was a fluke or something that happends alot. I have a 2 inch lift that just bolts to the bottom of the shock. So what im thinking is the with the lift the axles my not be long enough and that is why it happened so i am wandering if i should take the lift off which i really dont want to do. Hope some one has some intell. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hmm i did the same thing this weekend no lift was stuck in a big mud hole lol was in reverse and not on it hard BUT I HAD THE WHEEL CUT HARD TO ONE SIDE i think this was the cause more than anything it dumped the outer bearings and other parts inside it out in the mud i guess i rode it down to the river and washed it off and the inside of it was fine and the piece on the end of the axle was fine so just pulled the axle out but still don't really know why it would come apart like this lol and there doesn't seem to be a repair kit for it so i guess you have to buy the outer end to get it

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Last night while riding the snap ring the holds the outer front cv joint together i guess came out and the inner part of the joint pulled out and the boot ripped
in half. Its not a big deal to fix but i was wandering if this is something that was a fluke or something that happends alot. I have a 2 inch lift that just bolts to the bottom of the shock. So what im thinking is the with the lift the axles my not be long enough and that is why it happened so i am wandering if i should take the lift off which i really dont want to do. Hope some one has some intell. Thanks.
The lift is the culprit, yes. You can get axles with high deflection angles, and that's usually enough for a 2" lift. RacerTech had a bulletin on their lift kit for my RZR, if I had specific part numbered stock axles they told me my CVs would bind and I needed different axles.

You can get custom length axles too of course but usually not needed with just 2" of lift. Check with Demon Powersports.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts