Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Newbie!!

I am looking at purchasing and 2012 or 2013 900XP and wanted your opinion on if the extra cash is worth the price for the Power steering?

Dave

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If you are strictly duning it may not be. If you are trail riding, rock crawling, or mud riding it sure is great to have.

There are aftermarket options as well. If you are semi mechanically inclined, they aren't hard to install and will save you a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've driven both and will never own another one without. Less bumpsteer, less chasing ruts, and less fatique on a long day. Also makes slow speed steering so much easier its ridiculous. Best upgrade available imo.

·
Aussie nut case
361 Posts
Power steering is the way to go, I find mine a lot better around here with it, like Godfather said I will never own one without it again

·
Registered
93 Posts
want! How long doe these units last for? Do they break often? Hopefully they are something you pay the $$ and then dont have to worry too much about it or dump more money to fix often?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Don't like it, don't need it. Have driven with both but I'd rather not have it.
one out of million. Mite tell you something about yourself. :camorzr::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
It "mite" tell you that I can spell might.

It also might tell you that my rzr isn't driven like a Cadillac. If u can't drive at all, or prefer to go slow, power steering is a must have. But then again, if that applies to you then maybe your moped was adequate.

Power steering is good when pulling out or rock crawling, either of which is about as fun as jacking a black bear. When drifting, or traveling at high rates of speed on dirt, gravel, sand, etc., power steering is useless.

Camorzr, post some pics of your ole lady, just so we can tell something bout you.:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I put the SATV one on mine and love it. I drift and run fast on dirt, rock, and pavement. No regrets whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
YES it is...

4 Sale NIB XP Polaris P/S Kit Will Fit 2011-2013 XP or XP 4
Brand New In Unopened Box Polaris Power Steering Kit for 2011-2013 XP or XP 4...

$1150.00 includes shipping to the lower 48 states...

I have these units in stock... No waiting for your dealer to order them to find out there on B/O...

·
Registered
281 Posts
want! How long doe these units last for? Do they break often? Hopefully they are something you pay the $$ and then dont have to worry too much about it or dump more money to fix often?
Mine has been on for over 4000 miles and since 2009. Never had an issue with it. I bought mine used and it was already on there but I have driven others that belong to friends and wow is there a difference. Especially where I ride in tress and tight trails and rocks. My friends like to try to talk me into swapping for a hour or two when we are doing long rides to give their arms a rest.

Now I wish I had it on my quad.:ride:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts