Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me with this?

Once the RZR warms up the engine light flashes occasionally for a few seconds. The code is 105. I found something when I was in the dunes that said it was a low or high voltage for Mapping Sensor but I can't find that table now.

Anyone have this problem and how do you fix it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's the intake air temp circuit. It's either high voltage or low voltage. Does it do it every time it warms up? Also just to identify if its high or low what other numbers are displayed on the gauge?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok it is 105 #3 which according to the service manual is high voltage to the T-MAP sensor. Any ideas what would cause this? Is the sensor going bad?

I also checked the red wire with ignition on and I am getting the 5 volts required.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I finally got to the bottom of this problem. It was the plug going to the T-Map sensor. Surprise Surprise Polaris makes a repair kit. That means I'm not the first or the last to have this problem.

Now what really pisses me off is they charge $108 for the new plug and 8" of wire that they splice into harness. So they know there is a problem and rape you for the fix. I don't mind that they had a problem but shouldn't profit from their poor quality to start.

If you are having any problems start your RZR up. Carefully reach behind the exhaust and wiggle the T-Map sensor plug. If the motor cuts out or shuts off there lies your problem.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea, the harness pigtails are a fairly common issue. Due to the vibrations of the engine they tend to break wires quick. That's why on the rangers they issued a recall which was basically to wire tie all the connections around the throttle body to prevent wire breaks. Taking that note, I apply that to all vehicles in the ORV family. Extra piece of security and saves the customers money. Now if only there was something for the mice.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Look up the post about 1000 xp injector wireing upgrade I think one of the posters talk about the map plug and where he got it for around 15/ 20 bucks the injector plugs you can get at O RILEYS AUTO PARTS
It was a pertty good thread

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If you look thru the thread there were some of the venders on here that have the parts, you could order from them on line way cheaper than popo oem parts 20.00 vs 120.00

1 - 9 of 9 Posts