Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a error code 636 on my 2011 rzr s and wont run its said to be the crankshaft position sensor I've done changed that but the rzr still will not run and now after trying to crank it after changing the sensor the same code is back on anyone eles have any idle on what eles could be wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did that the code wasn't on when I first tried to start it agin but after a few cranks it threw the code agin and will still not run

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after tearing my hole dam rzr down almost to nothing I found the problem all it was is a dam clogged up ass spark arestor in the exhaust

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm having the Same problem with my 2011 xp900. But when motor turns for a couple then sounds like starter grinds. Repeat process. Any help?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Possible starter problem as well. The grind could be from the starter not releasing after the throw. Maybe you have two problems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks. I just eliminated a bunch of "what ifs" everyone was telling me to check. I saw the location of the starter and looks impossible to get out. What's the easiest/best way to get it out. Thanks for help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update: wasn't my starter. Ended up being my starter clutch. I replaced it and now turns over perfect. Problem now is I still have 636 code and won't start. I'm getting fuel and spark. Turns over normal. Just won't start. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check engine light. Hold button shows 636 code. I ordered new crank shaft position sensor. Will install tomorrow. Should work.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Had the same code. Car would sputter, backfire and then die. Then eventually stopped starting altogether. Cleaned the connectors for the cps with contact cleaner and started right up. Code cleared in about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2011 rzr was driving down the road and it just died, i changed the crank position sensor and it is still showing the code i then followed the wiring harness back and seen there was an unwraped piece of wire and it had rubbed though against the frame right in front of the back tire about 12" from were the plug is i would check all the wires that lead to the cps before pulling the sensor itself out it is not a very nice job to do

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the Same problem with my 2011 xp900. But when motor turns for a couple then sounds like starter grinds. Repeat process. Any help?
I know your post is old but I am running into the same exact problem you have. Were you able to find a solution?

·
Senior Rider
34 Posts
Mine popped in about a week ago drove it on Saturday no start on Sunday, just replaced Crank sensor, no go. going to check harness next 2014 XP1000

1 - 16 of 16 Posts