Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power steering quit working this morning on my 2016 900 Trail. I checked the fuse and it is okay. Still get the dash light and no steering assist. Any ideas on where to check next? Other than the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turns out it was a loose ground wire where the ground connects to the frame. It should be noted, after a few starts, I could not even get power thru the ignition switch. On my RZR, the ground connection to the frame is located in front of the left rear wheel.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Weird, I also had my EPS light come on and power steering go out yesterday. I had raised the steering wheel slightly and since that was the only thing I could think of I moved the steering wheel back to it's old position and some how the power steering came back and the light went out.
Any thoughts??

·
Registered
60 Posts
mine does that when it sits and its cold out.battery is slightly low and that's the first thing that goes.if I charge the battery its works.i'm about ready to buy a non EPS steering shaft and fix it.

·
craigstumph
9,869 Posts
The lower the battery voltage the more amps it takes to run your power steering. Higher battery charge = higher voltage and lower amps. This makes your steering work better. Fully charged batteries help your power steering working because it makes less heat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have been dealing with no power steering in a 2014 1000xp for a while now and have not had much luck.

The day it went I had some other failures as well but everything else has not occured since. Was out riding, suddenly the bike began to overheat and it turned out the fan wasnt kicking in. So i stopped and played with the fuses while the bike cooled down. Got going again and then lost all power steering. Soon followed by losing almost all power. The bike would only move with the pedal to the floor. Surging on and off the throttle is probably the best way to describe it. Barely made it into the trailer.

After cleaning terminals in the fuse block, cleaning and greasing the main power and ground on the frame and connections i have not had any other issues. The unit is also always on a battery tender. I just cannot get the power steering back.

Showing code 0 520230 31

• IC CAN Communication with EPS
  • EPS Off Line (EPSDM1 not seen)
I have also taken it to the dealership but they have not been any help and could not diagnose the issue.

Any help would be awesome but I am starting to think an aux. unit that operates outside of the ecm might be best.

·
craigstumph
9,869 Posts
Have been dealing with no power steering in a 2014 1000xp for a while now and have not had much luck.

The day it went I had some other failures as well but everything else has not occured since. Was out riding, suddenly the bike began to overheat and it turned out the fan wasnt kicking in. So i stopped and played with the fuses while the bike cooled down. Got going again and then lost all power steering. Soon followed by losing almost all power. The bike would only move with the pedal to the floor. Surging on and off the throttle is probably the best way to describe it. Barely made it into the trailer.

After cleaning terminals in the fuse block, cleaning and greasing the main power and ground on the frame and connections i have not had any other issues. The unit is also always on a battery tender. I just cannot get the power steering back.

Showing code 0 520230 31

I have also taken it to the dealership but they have not been any help and could not diagnose the issue.

Any help would be awesome but I am starting to think an aux. unit that operates outside of the ecm might be best.
ePowersteering has its own ecu and has 700 watts of power.

·
Vendor
309 Posts

Showing code 0 520230 31

We have a solution for a standalone unit.

The Rugged Electric Powersteering kit (PEPS-4008) we offer, has ECM and Motor which are water-resistant and specifically built for UTV Applications. The unit operates independently.

For the RZR 1000 we provide all the components you need to get the unit mounted.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts