Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed an EFI Severe Duty belt 800 RZR 4x4 08-09 WE26202.
Now every time I idle to a stop the belt slaps the case four or five times. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions, the only thing I can imagine is the belt is not releasing from both sheaves at the same time and causing it. Please help it is driving me insane!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
what belt part # did you buy?

Maybe your secondary isn't closing fast enough and causing the belt to have too much slack???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about missing that last number you are correct. Is there an adjustment to the secondary that will increase the speed at which it closes? I am new to this CVT game so am a little lost. Thanks for all the help. Long live the RZR.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
well... yes and no.
A different spring or a different helix will change how it shifts, but I don't think it should be hanging up unless something is wrong with it.

Does anyone know if the 2010 LE has the rapid reaction secondary in it? or the team roller?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is a 2009 LE with the rapid reaction secondary. So I couldn't use the socket extension trick. I had to take the secondary off to get the belt on.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
did you rev it with the cover off to see if the secondary is the problem?

(make sure nothing can fall into the clutch!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before I closed everything up I did run it and it seemed fine. However I just ran out to the garage and pulled the belt out only to find about a third of the grooves on the outside of the belt are torn off completely. Amazing it didn't brake. Not very impressive for only a couple of hundred miles.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
did you clean it befor installing...or is it possable you nicked the edge wile installing it???....or it could be a defective belt

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
it got too hot. the epi will delaminate like that when they fail.
it is better than a stock belt that shreds and the strings get tangeled up in the clutch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was cleaned and went on without any damage to the belt that I could tell. Now I just question if EPI will cover this. A belt should last more than 4 days of riding in the cool Utah mountains on mostly well maintained trails. At this rate I will need to buy 10 or 15 belts at a $120 a pop to keep her going for the year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
On epi website it says belt number WE262025. The belt number you are using WE262020 is for epi clutch kit or other clutch kit that came with that belt. So I would say you need the epi clutch kit to fix the secondary problem.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
You can use the WE262020. it was listed on their chart originally and lots of us used it for lots of miles with no problems.

the WE262025 is a new belt they came out with. I haven't tested it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought the belt directly from EPI by phone and also checked the web sight so I would assumed that I was receiving the correct part. I will definetly call them tomorrow and see what is up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Steven, you are quite correct and after inspecting what is left of the belt it is the 262025 that they sent me. So I am using the right belt which would be correct as I am all stock. My mistake with the numbers sorry. I had a bear of a time finding the right one up front as so many dealers I checked out on line had differing numbers. I even called one of the people selling online for cheap who tried to convince me that EPI's website was wrong and wanted to sell me a 263040. That is why I went direct to EPI in the first place, I figured a few extra dollars is worth getting it from the horses mouth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not that familiar with this cvt system thing yet this being my first ohv but by the setup I see unless I changed either the drive side or secondary side sheave they should be pretty much set in stone on there axial offset alignment
angle regardless of the belt installed. Changing the belt would simply cause it to ride higher or lower in the sheaves while at rest, in particular the secondary/driven. But, this is just my crazy thought process certainly not based on experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was just checking on the numbers thought it may have been to big a belt. As for anything else I would not know. I use the stock polaris belts and get 1500 to 2000 miles. Right now that is the only reason I have not switched to EPI belt, know one can tell me how long they last.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts