Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 rsr S with bad ball joints. I called EPI to see if the 2009 rsr S joints would fit on the 2010 rsr S,, that is the only year their web site offers... The lady I spoke with could not answer that question.

Can someone here confirm that the 2009/2010 ball joints are the same? I really don't want to buy $240.00 worth of joints just to have them not work.

Thanks,

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
I have a 2010 rsr S with bad ball joints. I called EPI to see if the 2009 rsr S joints would fit on the 2010 rsr S,, that is the only year their web site offers... The lady I spoke with could not answer that question.

Can someone here confirm that the 2009/2010 ball joints are the same? I really don't want to buy $240.00 worth of joints just to have them not work.

Thanks,
I don't know. I'm sure I have heard of others getting std. RZR Ball joint replacements from EPI

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I dont think they changed em..I could be wrong:question: that would be the first time in 20 years:rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the parts microfiche and see if the part numbers changed.
link in my signature.
That is SWEET!!!!

Different ball joints.
Pre 4/11/09 7081505
Post 4/11/09 7081580

Now, different parts, but do they fit the same it is just the internals that are different...? hummm... :rollfinger:

·
Banned
2 Posts

Thanks,
I am also not sure with this dude. I haven't heard of those. But $240 worth of ball joint is too much. You can buy a cheaper one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
FWIW,

I just installed the EPI ball joints in my RZR. After three miles both the uppers blew out the top when I hit a deep rut. A rut I always hit. Limped home put the stock one back in when back out and hit the same rut, no problem. Kept hitting the same rut harder and harder everytime. no problem with the stock ones.

Bottom line EPI sucks and I wasted my money, because Im sure they won't warranty them.

Also, found that thier extreme duty drive belt, and rubber boots are'nt worth a crap either.

:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
171 Posts
if it makes you feel any better I just blew out a new all balls I installed last night. My new holz diff cage is as smooth as butter though!

So which ball joints don't suck?

·
Registered
171 Posts
AllBalls called me this morning and said they have never seen one come through the top like that before. They are sending me a new one. Anyone have any pics of the HD EPI installed?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts