Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started seeing erratic temps so I changed out my temp sensor. I have tried two other temp sensors, one cheap one and one OEM $64 one both seem to work for a short time then my temp is all over the place. 188 then to 90 then 150 very erratic. Antifreeze is good, burped engine coolant, not sure what is going on, Wiring?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
If the temps posted are correct then may be time to change thermostat. Once warm the engine should be at thermostat opening, about 190 I think. Dropping below that then back up makes me think thermostat problems.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These drops are not over time these are happening realtime, 180 then one second later 75, erratic. I'm thinking wiring?

·
Registered
205 Posts
If the temp is changing that quickly then it has to be wiring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Old but still a problem, can’t believe no one else is having this problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I never had found the problem, believe its wiring as 3 different temp sensors all did the same thing, burped system no help.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
If you think it maybe wiring then check voltage at sender. The sender is nothing more then an adjustable ground. Make sure you have battery voltage at sender. Check while riding to be sure it always has battery voltage. Also make sure all harness connection are tight on back of guage panel. Suspect you will find them not seated all the way.

Another thing you can do is to replace the sender with a mechanic temp gauge. Need one that will fit the sender threads. Temp install it and watch it in cab to see what the real temps are doing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Also check the ground on the chassis behind the driver's seat in front of the engine (As I recall).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts