Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
User Manual says engine Serial Number is located behind firewall on engine via a sticker. My MSO does not match Engine Serial Number but VIN is a match! Its weird though because number is not the same amount of digits either. MSO shows 13 consecutive numbers. Sticker on engine has three rows of number. First row is not close. Second row matches the first five as the MSO but then it only has two more consecutive number followed by a dash, two more numbers, a space and then one more number ... which is still onlt a total of ten. The third row then also has ten numbers but not close. Looking further at the MSO it looks like the Engine Model Number is the first seven of the Engine Serial Number so even this is not a match on my MSO. What the ....

Can someone check their MSO/title and compare to this sticker. Or is this the wrong location printed in the User Manual and/or is their another location this number is? Curious, was it in the same spot for earlier model XP's?

Maybe their is a more global numbers mismatch with early 2013's. So if you have a 2013 would check this out incase you ever sell it.

Thanks for any help ...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: Engine serial number does not match 2013! Can someone confirm location/match thei

The engine serial number means nothing.
The unit and title information should have a 17 digit identification VIN number they need to match!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Re: Engine serial number does not match 2013! Can someone confirm location/match thei

ATV's arn't like cars where the engine and transmission VIN numberes have to match the frame number which is your actual VIN Number. Boats are the same way.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You cant convert an MSO to a Title without the Engine SN matching too ... atleast in AZ. I have done this twice and both times required an inspection and ONLY thing they look at is VIN and Engine SN matching. Once it is Titled they then dont care in general.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Found it ... it is on a sticker on engine block passenger side hidden in a 1in gap as the heat shield and exhaust are on the other side of it. Genius place to put it PoPo! No way to read it unless get real creative with a mirror or I was able to use my camera phone. Just another use for the iPhone LOL.

Dealer will forward this issue to Polaris. Their User Manual is wrong and has caused me some headaches (fourth trips to the title place) !!! I will have the inspector come back to look at it and I dont think he will give me any grief but with my lick he might still reject it since it is not where the user manaul clearly claims it is/different numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts