Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Engine Knock

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mattmanstroked 
#1 ·
Well two weeks only and with 5 hours on it and I have a pretty significant knocking coming from the motor of my 2013 XP 900 4. Hopefully it is nothing severe,, guess we will wait to hear what the dealer says.

#5 ·
Bought RZR 4 XP 08/31/12. Ordered extra parts to go on it. Took 2 weeks to come in. Was taking the RZR for extras and noticed oil had leaked all over the skid plate. Ask the dealer to check on it. The cast around the motor had a pin hole in it and when it was running oil was pumping out the hole. Polaris wouldn't replace the machine with only 10 hrs and 55 miles on it. They did give me a new motor but it was in the shop for 3 weeks waiting on parts and getting installed.

Got it back called the dealer two or three days later and told her it had a knock in the motor. She said that is just the way they sound til they warm up. Told her last motor didn't sound that way and she said it was fine. The next weekend went on a ride. 6 miles from the car and it mada a loud boom and sounded awful. Took the cover off the back and it had blown a spark plug completely out of the motor. It was hanging on the rubber wire and open hole in the motor.

Back in the shop now and they say it will probably be there 3 to 4 weeks. Waiting for parts and tech to put back together. Every time it needs parts they say they are not in the system yet because it is a 2013 so they have to wait for them to be uploaded into the system before they can order them.

Dealer said it was cross threaded at the factory and when it blew out it stripped all the threads so it needs a new head.

Since I have bought it brand new it has been in the shop more than I have had it.

Dealer said they have to turn everything in to Polaris and do what they say, I have called Polaris and they say I have to take everything up with the Dealer. I feel like I have spent a lot of money on a product that I can not use. How can a person get two brand new motors from Polaris in 50 days and both have major problems, Any suggestions???

#7 ·
NanaT,

I think the second motor is completely your dealers fault. The knock wouldn't be caused by cross threaded spark plug. I think they are trying to cover their ass on that one.

If the spark plug was cross threaded, it should still be strong enough to hold it in while the engine ran.

#8 ·
3rd time is the charm.:sad: I would not be a happy person when I took it back the second time. I am sure the woman who told me it was ok to run would sure hear it from me.

I would ask for the warranty to be extended for the length of time it was in the shop. I am not sure how but you need to get in touch with the regional rep for your area. The polaris customer service is a joke.

#9 ·
I have had a lot of problems with my 2012 polaris rzr 900.It has a total of 30 hours on it and has been in the shop 3 times for motor work.I bought this Pyle in August and I have only had it little over 1 week straight.Dealing with polaris on warranty issues takes forever.I am now looking into the lemon law right now because this machine I bought was junk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.