Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i a fresh newbie here to this site i ave been on some other forums but now that i finally got myself a rzr i have been having problems this thing its one thing after another. Just recently i have noticed that when ever i put my foot in the gas it almost sounds like the engine is detonating, and the battery icon flashes on the speedo. Does not ping at all when i just idle or cruise around. This is a 800 with a Trinity Racing Big bore kit on it. Is it normal for the kits to make noises? Now i know they make racing kits and pump gas and the guy i bought it from has no idea what kit is in it due to the fact the previous owner of him had the install done. Is there anyway of finding out of the noise is normal or what kit is in it with out opening it up?

Any info would help me out and help me out with my repair $$$

Thank you in advanced

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Low battery power can = low fuel pressure delivered = lean condition under high load = increased chance of detonation. I would fill her with at least 93 ocatane fuel, rev it up and check voltage at battery at idle and high rev. If you are getting less than 12V at higher RPM you might be getting fuel starvation (lean) at high rpm. Before checking the voltage make sure you pull your battery terminals and common ground at the frame and clean WELL with a wire brush and retorque.

As far as a higher versus lower compression kit, call Trinity and they may be able to tell if there are stampings on the cylinder casting that may designate the kit installed but likely you will have to pull the head and measure bore and stroke to get compression ratio.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Low battery power can = low fuel pressure delivered = lean condition under high load = increased chance of detonation. I would fill her with at least 93 ocatane fuel, rev it up and check voltage at battery at idle and high rev. If you are getting less than 12V at higher RPM you might be getting fuel starvation (lean) at high rpm.

WHAT?????

IF THE STATOR SPINS THE SAME SPEED AT HIGH RPM WITH OR WITH OUT FUEL, THE VOLTAGE WOULD BE THE SAME.
HOW WOULD LEAN FUEL MIXTURE CAUSE A VOLTAGE PROBLEM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does have a aftermarket fuel cell on it with pump. I so not know the type maybe its not supplying enough fuel. All mods were made by previous owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts