Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not think the Turbo S has engine braking, but on my first ride in mine (used to ride a 900 S), it sure felt like it coming down steep muddy hills. The back end kept wanting to slide out front. I tried going down one steep hill in neutral and found that was not a very good idea. The 900 S, I could get the engine/clutch to engage going down hills by tapping the gas a little bit. This one seems like it never lets go. Belt is new and all seems just fine otherwise with the clutch. Is this just how the Turbo S does hills?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,668 Posts
It's not true engine breaking like an EBS model RZR has, but you do have engine breaking down to the point that the clutch will disengage, which is probably around 6-8 mph in stock form, the tall gearing in Low in the XPT/S doesn't help it much either. You can keep the clutch engaged and holding by driving with two feet and keeping the RPM up on the descent to prevent the rear from sliding, which might take some getting used to. It is a little hard on the belt doing this, and the machine has a two foot limiter than will only allow you to do it so much ( a tune will remove that limiter ), but otherwise, it is what it is in stock form.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not true engine breaking like an EBS model RZR has, but you do have engine breaking down to the point that the clutch will disengage, which is probably around 6-8 mph in stock form, the tall gearing in Low in the XPT/S doesn't help it much either. You can keep the clutch engaged and holding by driving with two feet and keeping the RPM up on the descent to prevent the rear from sliding, which might take some getting used to. It is a little hard on the belt doing this, and the machine has a two foot limiter than will only allow you to do it so much ( a tune will remove that limiter ), but otherwise, it is what it is in stock form.
Does putting it in high going down slick hill help any with this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts