Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I’ve been running a 28’ Charmac Tri Sport bumper pull for about 4 years. It’s been a good trailer but the family is growing and I find myself needing to haul more stuff than I have room for currently. I’d really like to have enough room for my Turbo S4 plus 4 quads and a little room to spare. Been looking at about 41’ goosenecks with 34’ of floor space. Any recommendations on what brands to look at? Any shared experience would be appreciated. Currently looking at the Charmac gooseneck Tri sport just because I’m familiar with the brand and dealer but I’d like to cover all the bases on a trailer that’s this expensive. Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've pulled dozens of different brands of gooseneck trailers over the years and never had problems with any of them outside the wood floor going bad, which is going to happen at some point. If it was me I'd look around and get anything that's reasonably priced, fits your specs and looks to be of reasonable quality. Doubt you're going to find anything on "sale" these days because trailers are so hard to find.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hey all, I’ve been running a 28’ Charmac Tri Sport bumper pull for about 4 years. It’s been a good trailer but the family is growing and I find myself needing to haul more stuff than I have room for currently. I’d really like to have enough room for my Turbo S4 plus 4 quads and a little room to spare. Been looking at about 41’ goosenecks with 34’ of floor space. Any recommendations on what brands to look at? Any shared experience would be appreciated. Currently looking at the Charmac gooseneck Tri sport just because I’m familiar with the brand and dealer but I’d like to cover all the bases on a trailer that’s this expensive. Thanks
Look for one that has a “Walk on” one piece roof, siding not fastened on with a bunch of exposed screws to come loose. If you are pulling with a lifted truck, make sure you can get the trailer running gear leveled up while towing; especially if said trailer has torsion suspension (Even if you are not lifted). Weight on these add up fast, so make sure you have enough truck. I had a 38’ X 8’6” X7’tall that went 8000 pounds empty. Be ready to spend some $$$$$. What I found is that they are not cheap.
Good luck.

Reactions: CSFI

·
Super Moderator
6,908 Posts
A few years ago when we had multiple machines to carry I had Freedom Trailer custom build a 44' gooseneck. It had a 24' garage and 20' living quarters. I had it made 1' taller than a standard race trailer for the height of our machines. Towed like a dream and built like a tank.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A few years ago when we had multiple machines to carry I had Freedom Trailer custom build a 44' gooseneck. It had a 24' garage and 20' living quarters. I had it made 1' taller than a standard race trailer for the height of our machines. Towed like a dream and built like a tank.

that is a nice looking trailer.. mind if I ask what that set you back?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Now that is pimp! Bet those wheel draggers get a good bit of use ;)

trailer prices, like everything, has gone through the roof! Around here they are 5k more for the same trailer for a standard 24’.

·
Registered
159 Posts

trailer prices, like everything, has gone through the roof! Around here they are 5k more for the same trailer for a standard 24’.
you are correct on trailer prices being crazy right now. I bought a 2016 24' 83" low pro gooseneck used 3 years ago for $4500. i did get a good deal on it as it was cheaper to buy it than a 24' bumper pull new. My trailer now would be $8k or more..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, some great info there. One of the reasons I would lean towards the Tri Sport even though I don’t snowmobile anymore is I like the big side door for loading gear and luggage ect in front of the trailer. Also the Tri Sport has a one piece rubber waterproof floor. My 28’ bumper pul had the rubber floor and it’s held up fantastic. As far as trucks go I will have to check out being able to get it leveled up as my pickup is rather tall. It’s a 2021 F-350 SRW Powerstroke so it has plenty of grunt, I think it’s rated up to a little over 21,000 on a gooseneck. Another thing I don’t like about allot of the trailers I’m seeing is the torsion axle models being really low to the ground. While I’m sure they pull great we do venture off road to a place we have in the mountains. Not crazy off roading but not flat for sure. I think I’d have clearance issues with most of the car hauler or race car trailers I’ve seen. Everyone isn’t just whistling dixie on trailer prices, that cuts both ways though, I just sold my bumper pull for 1.5k more than I paid for it. Still going to hurt going to a gooseneck of that size. Most everything I’ve priced is in the 40-50k range.

·
Super Moderator
6,908 Posts

More than once all six wheels were off the ground LOL

·
Super Moderator
6,908 Posts
depending on how it's fitted out in the living quarters that is very reasonable.

Toyhaulers are crazy overpriced now. I mean they were high before for what they are but now they are in orbit on prices!
That was with: Full aluminum interior, diamond rubber floor, lights, awning, sink, water heater, 50g fresh tank, 100g grey tank (2) 15k ACs, electric jack, etc....Then I added a full bathroom & kitchen myself. I probably had $30k in when I traded it for the monster toy hauler we have now. You could not get it built for that price today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts