Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really like the emp setup but it seems like it would make it even MORE nose heavy jumping. somebody prove me wrong so i can buy this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well I installed mine a few weeks ago, and though I don't do any jumping, I ride a lot in steep, rocky wooded areas and I haven't notice any changes in bottoming out front or back since putting it on. If memory serves me correctly, it's not that heavy of an item. I think the weight is in the 20's or something but it definitely didn't make a difference in the way I ride.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Well I installed mine a few weeks ago, and though I don't do any jumping, I ride a lot in steep, rocky wooded areas and I haven't notice any changes in bottoming out front or back since putting it on. If memory serves me correctly, it's not that heavy of an item. I think the weight is in the 20's or something but it definitely didn't make a difference in the way I ride.
Little heavier than that, shipping weight was 37lbs, id say the bumper and brace goes about 33-34lbs. Add the winch and its around 50lb easy, but thats cause its very tuff and well built but not the bumper i would ever use on a machine that is jumped.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I bought the warn bumper instead of the emp just because I liked the looks of it a little better, but they are essentially the same bumper. I would have to agree with gunrunner--not really what I would put on a "jumper". But, if you're riding trails, it's a substantial insurance policy for your front end. Very well built, but a little heavier than some other bumpers. It hasn't made a difference that I can tell in the way my machine handles, but I'm running through the woods, mud, and rocks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I initially ordered the warn bumper. After finding out it was back ordered, I cancelled the order and bought the EMP. The EMP'S shipping weight was in the mid 30's. Can't remember the exact #. Two weeks later the warn bumper arrives on my doorstep. I specifically recall the shipping weight to be 48.47 pounds. I was surprised that the warn was actually about 10+lbs heavier than the EMP. Im very happy with the EMP, but just like the above person, I do not jump my RZR either. I also have not noticed any different handling effects or the front end bottoming out. Now when I put my new winch on it, I do notice some extra weight up there, particularly in the whoops section.

Having said that, if your jumping it, I would steer clear of both bumpers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
im lookin into the emp bumper as well and just wounderin would the weight of the bumper and winch be tomuch for the rzrs suspension, i would think it would but id like to know from somebody that knows thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
im lookin into the emp bumper as well and just wounderin would the weight of the bumper and winch be tomuch for the rzrs suspension, i would think it would but id like to know from somebody that knows thanks
I can tell you this..With my 4500 winch mounted on my bumper, it does not bottom out my stock shocks on my base RZR. I would think your S shocks would handle it fine but can't confirm this. Does the S actually have more heavy duty springs than the base model?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts