Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Extreme Metal Products
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to an Install video for the EMP front bumper.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just in time as mine should be delivered today. I'll watch it as soon as I have time so when I leave the office tonight, it will be an evening in the garage with my rzr, new bumper, daughter, beer and some music. Now hopefully the damn stock winch will come out easy enough and install on the new bumper easily as well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have this bumper arriving this week also. The video makes the install look easy and straight forward. Looks very sturdy, the way it mounts up. My new winch is waiting to go on it!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok folks. Here's my verdict. Very easy to install but definitely want to both watch the video as well as read the instructions. You do both of those things and it will go on in a snap. It actually took me more time to remove the stock, Polaris 3500 winch than it did to install the EMP bumper. This thing looks great and is solid as a rock. I am very pleased. Now, my one little hiccup is I can't figure out a way to "reinstall" the polaris winch on this thing. The holes line up perfect for the bolts to go into the bottom of the winch, BUT I can't figure out a way to get the fair lead and it's bracket attached. Anyone reading this done it before? Once I figure out how to get this thing on, I will be a very happy camper. IMO, great quality, looks fantastic and easy enough to put on even a non mechanical person like me can do it in an hour.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm thinking my problem may be that when I bought the Rzr last year, I purchased it with the winch at the same time. That means that they had to use mounting hardware and brackets that allowed for it to be installed inside the frame under the radiator. I'm hoping Polaris somewhere, somehow has some type of bracket that is used for an "external" winch mount. Haven't gone to the site yet to look and see if anything like this exists and was hoping someone else has had this issue before.

·
Extreme Metal Products
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most winches come with a fairlead bracket included. The Polaris winch does not because it comes with the mounting kit. We should have some brackets around here for $10.00 if you still need one.

1-216-267-5335

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thank you. Called your office today and got it taken care of. Ordered a fair lead bracket which should correct the issue. Thanks for the great support.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just installed my EMP bumper the other night. Went on without a problem.
Very very sturdy, but I put her through the test to make sure. My champion winch with fairlead plate installed perfectly with the predrilled holes in the bumper. I winched my jeep liberty up my steep driveway, pulling it backwards from the trailor hitch. Upon putting tension on the cable, it pulled the emp bumper downward and fully compressed the front shocks, but she pulled the jeep up that hill with no problem,(Also a testament to the 4500 lb winch).
With the way the bumper mounts behind the radiator theres no way your going to pull that bumper off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So the EMP bumper is on and my Polaris 3500 winch has been relocated thanks to a fairlead bracket I got from EMP. The bumper went on without a hitch (pardon the pun) and the winch looks great on the top of it. Now, can someone give me some advice as where I can go to get new power cables to the winch. The ones that came with it are far too short to reach the new location and I have to replace them. I believe they are 6 gauge and I need somewhere between 50 and 52 inch long ones. I don't know if you get them at an auto parts store or an electrical store. Any suggestions? Will they come with the loops at the ends?
Thanks

·
Extreme Metal Products
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you can get them at any autoparts store.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
So the EMP bumper is on and my Polaris 3500 winch has been relocated thanks to a fairlead bracket I got from EMP. The bumper went on without a hitch (pardon the pun) and the winch looks great on the top of it. Now, can someone give me some advice as where I can go to get new power cables to the winch. The ones that came with it are far too short to reach the new location and I have to replace them. I believe they are 6 gauge and I need somewhere between 50 and 52 inch long ones. I don't know if you get them at an auto parts store or an electrical store. Any suggestions? Will they come with the loops at the ends?
Thanks
NAPA auto parts stores carry it on a roll so you can buy the exact length you need. Other good parts stores should have it too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks
Was just ready to ask the same question. My winch came with a huge remote control box. Im looking to replace it with a toggle switch in the dash. My local Napa had no such wires available. Going to try Auto Zone.

Well my WARN bumper shows up on my porch today after I cancelled the order over a week ago!! Now I have to send it back..Was almost tempted to open it and compare it to the EMP but I can't imagine it being better than the EMP.

·
Registered
136 Posts
John, I had to go to Slacks and buy the raw wire as someone before mentioned. What was really neat was they had a 6 guage wire that was much more flexible than the original wiring on the winch which allowed for a lot of options for how I ran the wires. I also had to get the eyes for the ends, but the ones they had were pretty large diameter "loops" that I didn't like so found some at Home Depot that were smaller (more like the originals). I'm definitely not mechanically inclined, but I was able to cut wire to size, fit and crimp the eyelets on, and even bought some of that shrinky shit to put on the ends to protect from dirt water etc. When all was said and done, it looked pretty darn good if I do say so myself. I'll try to post up pictures this weekend. Oh, and that bumper (EMP) rocks. Driving around my neighborhood, many folks have stopped me and commented on how cool it looks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts