Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have the cooter brown stereo, I just have a few questions.

I bought the version without the stereo in it, and I got a cheapo head unit at bestbuy.

My questions are basically about wiring.

Do I just need a power and a ground from the stereo to the battery?
Do I need to have the power wire on a switch, or can i just utilize the on/off on the head unit?

Any Suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed the same stereo in my this past weekend.. Yes you will need Power, Ground and a Switch to the head unit, so 3 wires. The switch can either me a toggle ( what i did) or something that is connected to the key switch. I believe all RZR have a 12V switched lead under the dash behind the 12V cigarette lighter plug, orange with white strip that is for a factory winch option. you can pull your radio switch from that if you want the radio to be on with the Key.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response.. ummm Switch is totally up to what you want.. i did a switch instead of off the Key so if i'm parked i can just hit a switch and listen to tunes. no piont power the key and your LCM, fuel pump, etc.. just to listen to music..but it has its downfalls. anybody and just walk by and flip the switch (with the key not in the vehicle) and your radio comes on..or you could accidently leave it playing and kill your battery. The switch is nice, but it has less securities. so completely up to your personal preference. Good luck with the install, its pretty easy. i can post up some pics as soon as i find some time..don't hold your breathe. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which roof did u mount your stereo in? I have a Polaris roof and it's looking like I might have to make up brackets. It not a flat bottom on the Polaris roof

1 - 5 of 5 Posts