Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
psheadl[/QUOTE said:
I had the stage 4 ST setup on the XP1K. When I sold it I kept the rear sway bar and links. I put the ST rear sway bar on the XPT4. The turbo has after market A arms so I deleted the front factory sway bar. The stock springs and Fox shocks work well enough that I am happy. I had the solid ST links on the rear but I got the WEs for free and tried them. Honestly I can't tell the difference between solids and WEs either at high speed or rock crawling. The WEs look cool and in theory they are better for varied riding.
Thanks Paul,
When I was still stock and put the WE links on, I felt like I could tell a little bit of difference in some of the harshness of some bumps. Mostly when I hit the bumps straight-on Body roll wasnt something that I had any concerns about at the time. Then when I did the ST work, that was a noticeable improvement in both handling and bump taming. Ill probably do a before and after test with the WE links and if they arent making any difference just sell them. Getting a lot of good feedback from passengers after the ST work, thats for sure.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
psheadl[/quote said:
I had the stage 4 ST setup on the XP1K. When I sold it I kept the rear sway bar and links. I put the ST rear sway bar on the XPT4. The turbo has after market A arms so I deleted the front factory sway bar. The stock springs and Fox shocks work well enough that I am happy. I had the solid ST links on the rear but I got the WEs for free and tried them. Honestly I can't tell the difference between solids and WEs either at high speed or rock crawling. The WEs look cool and in theory they are better for varied riding.
Thanks Paul,
When I was still stock and put the WE links on, I felt like I could tell a little bit of difference in some of the harshness of some bumps. Mostly when I hit the bumps straight-on Body roll wasnt something that I had any concerns about at the time. Then when I did the ST work, that was a noticeable improvement in both handling and bump taming. Ill probably do a before and after test with the WE links and if they arent making any difference just sell them. Getting a lot of good feedback from passengers after the ST work, thats for sure.
If you decide you want to sell the Walker Links, I will take them off your hands.

·
Vendor
857 Posts
You guys still working on that?

It is actually done. We have finished all testing and have working first production unit. We are currently in negotiations with a couple manufactures that want it as an option on new cars. Not sure where that will go but we will know very soon.

Is it ready for the public yet?
Technically yes. But we can't sell it due to negotiations with manufacturers right now. It is taking a long time and lawyers are complicating things.

·
Registered
501 Posts
psheadl[/quote said:
Thanks Paul,

I ended up putting the WE links on a couple weekends ago, just to try them, and for just running around the cabin roads, they added a little bit of "Cadillac" to the ride, which was nice.

If I thought I was going to do any long runs in the open desert Id be tempted to put the static links back in to get that "corvette" feeling for a ride like that.

It would really be nice to pick one or the other "on the fly" as long as its reliable.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ST
Any updates on the electronic sway bar disconnects? I would really like to find a solution for a front sway bar disconnect on the fly.

Thank you!

·
Vendor
857 Posts
These are done, tested and ready. But, a few companies have them locked down in discussions as to who will own, use, make and offer them. Combination of us and three big manufactures you know very well. No timing on this that I can share with you until discussions are over.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply... I have been watching the new releases coming out thinking that this will be a new offering but to no avail.

I had more optimism in the after market to get something to market quicker than OEM but that looks to be stalled as well... hopefully for you guys this does not get R&D'd (rob and duplicated) before this slow as molasses process gets completed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Excited to see this - hopefully it is sooner vs later.

I am surprised there is not more than one way to accomplish the task as the Jeep and Offroad truck guys have had options for years.

I know personally if the S or the XRC would have had something like this in their new offering, I would be pulling the trigger on an upgrade. Or a transfer case that allow shifting without stopping :smile

Thanks again for the update!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just curious if anything came of the ST electronic links? Or are the ORO sway bars, the only option available for this function still?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts