Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of 100w Halogen lamps on my bumper and I intend to add the SSV 4 speaker system as well. Will I be able to run that and still put some adjustable HID's in too? I got ahead of myself and got the bumper lamps before getting into the HID's. I have a stock rzr. Thanks for your help guys!!!

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
I have a pair of 100w Halogen lamps on my bumper and I intend to add the SSV 4 speaker system as well. Will I be able to run that and still put some adjustable HID's in too? I got ahead of myself and got the bumper lamps before getting into the HID's. I have a stock rzr. Thanks for your help guys!!!
Once you use the HID 55w headlight replacements you will never need to turn on the 100w halogens.
Put in the HID's, you will see.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
HIDs use less power then halogens not more. I agree with allcool.. You will toss those halogens once you replace your headlights.. As far as power goes if you wanted to keep them your pushing it. I'm surprised your battery light doesn't come on with just the halogens and stock headlights..

·
Just kidding!
10,756 Posts
The 100watts light take way too much power.You only have 500watts to work with to run everything and keep the battery charged.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so if I put the hids in will I be ok with the stereo too?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
The Hids pull less power then your stock lights do. I don't know how much power the SSV system pulls. But the Hids won't hurt anything..

·
Registered
200 Posts
The 100watts light take way too much power.You only have 500watts to work with to run everything and keep the battery charged.
what does the rzr use just to run with no other electronics on? ie how much power do you have for other things?

·
Banned
399 Posts
I run stock HID replacments and four hid 4" lights on a light bar plus a race radio and comm system and rear LED amber light for dust never had a problem. HID's do not draw much power.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
what does the rzr use just to run with no other electronics on? ie how much power do you have for other things?
Your RZR uses around 250 watts. I don't remember the exact number. I would say though you only have 2-250 watts max.. I've seen battery lights come on with nothing but a polaris radio and a set of 55 watt lights and stock headlights. During the day you probably have a little more to work with. But at night with your lights on I think your pretty limited. A buddy of mine has a pretty decent radio HID headlights and a set of 35watt HID fog lights.. I've seen him have to cut his radio off at night cause of he was getting a battery warning..

I've got a radio with No amp, a couple of small Led lights and 35watt HID lights.. I've never had my battery light come on..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well should I look into dual batteries? I play in mud and water so I guess the alt kit is out.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Doesn't the SSV system have 2 speakers below the dash? I wouldn't get in a lot of mud and water with that setup. Mud and water is part of the reason why I don't have an amp.. I just use a waterproof radio mounted on my dash and a couple of kicker marine speakers in a overhead speaker pod.
You probably don't have to have two batteries. If it were me I'd just upgrade the stock battery, Maybe a optima yellow top. Something that gives you plenty of reserve.. That way even if you are pulling a little more then your charging it would take a long time to drain the battery to low.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The SSV I've ordered is the 4 speaker overhead, no under dash equipment. I was just wondering if a simple battery upgrade will work for me. The yellow top huh?

·
Just kidding!
10,756 Posts
the stock battery sux.It makes a big diffrence to upgrade the battery.A better battery charges faster so it will recover faster when you are idleing and not charging the battery.My battery light used to come on with just the stock headlights and fan on.I have a odessey 925L now it fits right in the battery box.I run 4 hids and hid replacements for the headlights no problems now.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
A yellow top is a Deep cycle.. Meaning its made to be drained down some. Starter batteries don't last long if you run them down much. A Deep cycle can be run as low as 50% and still last quite a while.
A lot of people on here recommend odyssey batteries.. I bought one and it lasted about 6 months.. Might have just been a fluke, But there are no dealers around here and they cost 175.. IMO just go to auto zone,, advanced or what every auto parts place you have get a Optima for about the same price.. Much more battery for the same money with a local warranty...

·
Just kidding!
10,756 Posts
A yellow top is a Deep cycle.. Meaning its made to be drained down some. Starter batteries don't last long if you run them down much. A Deep cycle can be run as low as 50% and still last quite a while.
A lot of people on here recommend odyssey batteries.. I bought one and it lasted about 6 months.. Might have just been a fluke, But there are no dealers around here and they cost 175.. IMO just go to auto zone,, advanced or what every auto parts place you have get a Optima for about the same price.. Much more battery for the same money with a local warranty...
What kind of battery trey did you use for the yellow top.?I seen a odessey go bad the next day after someone bought it, Defective.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I haven't put a yellow top in my RZR yet. Believe it or not my stock RZR battery took a charge after sitting on a shelf for 6 months in the garage. So for now thats what I'm using. but I have used Optima batteries in other stuff and they are good batteries. Super atv sells a battery tray for around 50 bucks. I plan on either buying one of theirs or just making one out of steel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I'll need a battery tray if I go yellow?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I'll need a battery tray if I go yellow?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts