Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Carbon_RzR_S
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a 2011 Rzr S and I am having some electrical issues. Maybe someone can shed some light for me. Ive been working outa town so about a month ago i took my rzr for a ride and everything worked perfectly with no problems what so ever. After the ride i did my typical wash job and parked it outside at my fathers. I just got home a week ago and today i decided to go for a ride. I got to my dads and went to start it up and the battery was stone dead. I connected the charger to it and it fired right up but as soon as i removed the charger it died. It will not run unless connected to charger. Only thing i can think of is a short somewhere because ive never had an issue with a dead battery. I didnt have time to search for the problem but was wondering if anyone has had this issue or what i should look for when i get to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Steve, I would be highly suspicious of a battery that just went south. It happens, and it happened to me when my RZR was nearly brand new. I don't think you have any other problems besides a bad battery. Tyr leaving it on charge for an hour or so, then start it, remove the charger and see if it keeps running. I would have the battery tested before I dove in too deep on other causes.

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
I triple the battery issue. Get a new one and call it a day. Doubt its anything else.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fuel injected quads (utv's) need a full battery to run properly. It's not like the old days when you could just jump them and go. Give it a good charge and try it again.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
4th the battery...Mine had low volts when I was test driving it after working on it and stuff starting blinking everywhere and throwing codes and it just cut off..A bad/low battery will cause your machine to do stuff I never knew it would cause..

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Sure sounds like a battery. The charging system is similar to a regular alternator in that it needs input voltage (doesn't necessarily have to be 12 volts, but it has to be something) to "excite" the windings. No voltage, no charge. Try giving the battery a good charge, if that doesn't work have it tested and/or replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts