Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 800efi my problem is
The sxs was running fine I found a loose 12v wire and by mistake i shorted to ground now when I turn the key to start nothing happen (no cranking no noise from fuel pump or any clicking from relays or anything also) All the fuse are good (under the seat and under the dash) battery tested good 13.6v bench tested the relay and are all working
Does anybody has any suggestion what to test hope is not ecu
Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
431 Posts
Seems you blew the main inline fusible link near the battery. Check to see if you have 12 volts anywhere up front. Find a wiring diagram and find the fusible link in main feed.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Check the circuit breaker (part #4) in first diagram. It looks from the second ebay photo to be inline a few inches from fuse panel. If all that is good, I would verify and clean all grounds and test voltage through ignition switch when key is cycled.

Sorry if you have tried all this, just thinking outloud.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
As stated above, take a look at the black fusible link, connected to stud on starter solenoid.
The blue fusible links are connected to voltage regulator.
Where is the loose wire you shorted to ground located?

link.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I found a loose 12v wire
Where does the loose wire go?
Do you know what it is disconnected from?

Check socket A1 in fuse box for 12 volts. It is a direct feed to the fusible link by starter solenoid.
If you have 12 volts circuit is good to here.

2021-04-22_170902.jpg

You said fuse is good (the one next to A1). So that means the wire connected to A2 (red wire) should have 12 volts.
The other end of this red wire is socked D on ignition switch plug. Unplug ignition switch and check socket D for 12 volts. If 12 volts present, circuit is good to here.

Then check for continuity from ignition switch plug contacts B and C to socket D1 in fuse box. It will be under the EFI relay.

2021-04-22_164953.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
2021-04-23_152843.jpg

The above fuse box is for a 2011 or newer RZR.

A 2009 fuse box looks like this.
2021-04-23_153222.jpg

Did a previous owner rewire your RZR?

Reactions: gmck15004x4

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One more thing the speedo flash the fuel gauge and the clock I don't know if it has anything to do with the problem

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts