Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rzr won't start!

Swapped the starter solenoid with another working rzr, still didn't help.
Replaced the brake switch at the master cylinder that didn't work.
checked the grounds all the fuses swapped the relays around and still no change.

So I pull the key and try to hotwire it, starts and runs no problem and is showing no codes.
SWap out the ignition and same, pulling code for power steering 520 230
IC CAN Communication with
EPS EPS Off Line (EPS DM1 not seen

So I investigate and when turning the key the power steering starts to work for a second then stops and pulls the code but keep in mind when i hot wire it the power steering is working fine..

So I pull the Ecu as the previous owner was in some water.... and low and behold the lower ecu plug has some corrosion so i tediously clean with solvent and some small pieces of sandpaper with no luck. Still doing the same, If I had and extra ecu I would def try it but I don't.

Also to note when I turn the key the fuel pump doesn't turn on so I check the relay and I try to jump three of the relay plugs and get the thing to start.
Now one would think to swap the relays as they are all the same but no dice still the same code and not able to turn over.

What am I missing fellas.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Had a Ranger do the same exact thing. There was corrosion on the ECU pins. There was one pin that had come loose. I was able to repair it with a paper clip. I don't have the pin out anymore but its in the service manual if you have one. The pin was in the middle and was ground signal wire.Try GENTLY wiggling the pins as see with any of yours are loose or broke.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rzr won't start!

Swapped the starter solenoid with another working rzr, still didn't help.
Replaced the brake switch at the master cylinder that didn't work.
checked the grounds all the fuses swapped the relays around and still no change.

So I pull the key and try to hotwire it, starts and runs no problem and is showing no codes.
SWap out the ignition and same, pulling code for power steering 520 230
IC CAN Communication with
EPS EPS Off Line (EPS DM1 not seen

So I investigate and when turning the key the power steering starts to work for a second then stops and pulls the code but keep in mind when i hot wire it the power steering is working fine..

So I pull the Ecu as the previous owner was in some water.... and low and behold the lower ecu plug has some corrosion so i tediously clean with solvent and some small pieces of sandpaper with no luck. Still doing the same, If I had and extra ecu I would def try it but I don't.

Also to note when I turn the key the fuel pump doesn't turn on so I check the relay and I try to jump three of the relay plugs and get the thing to start.
Now one would think to swap the relays as they are all the same but no dice still the same code and not able to turn over.

What am I missing fellas.
Had a Ranger do the same exact thing. There was corrosion on the ECU pins. There was one pin that had come loose. I was able to repair it with a paper clip. I don't have the pin out anymore but its in the service manual if you have one. The pin was in the middle and was ground signal wire.Try GENTLY wiggling the pins as see with any of yours are loose or broke.
sounds good Ill give that a try!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts