Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Lone Rzr
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perfect new section to ask my question
Looking for an E bike for around home and when we go camping.
Just rode our friend's Giant Stance for a couple days. So much fun.
But at $3700 I can't justify the price especially buying 2 of them
Narrowed it down to Ecotric Ecotric
Rocket has front suspension and 500 watt motor and 36 volt battery for about $900
Rocket

The Seagull has 1000 watt motor and 48 volt battery and hydraulic brakes for about $1200
Seagull

Anyone have more recommendations?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Couple of my buddy’s have the NCM aspen electric fat tire. Pretty cool, goes about 30 if you pedal with it

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use to build e bikes 10 years ago in Florida I experimented with 2 wheel and trikes. I built a trike with 2 mars motors for drive and used a 500 amp programmable controller for golf carts. I would license them as mopeds .Electric rider sells kits for hub drive motor conversions for front or rear wheel drive. Today with lifpo battery’s making a 60 mph pedal bike with hub drive is so easy and not that expensive but not very legal for riding on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
The Lone Rzr
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you take those off road?
How are the smaller tires for ride quality?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes they go on and off road all the time and great on the beach as well. The 20" wheels is what makes this bike great because it has double the torque. Im 265 lbs and it can haul my ass up huge hills like I am on flat ground. The cost to quality cannot be beat and they fold up. Can fit anywhere. I have 1000 miles on mine right now after a year of riding. Best ebikes available. My wife has the mini step through.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
28 miles?
You have a lot of battery left?
Is it all pedal assist or throttle too?

·
Registered
67 Posts
28 miles?
You have a lot of battery left?
Is it all pedal assist or throttle too?
Its both pedal assist and or throttle. Goes 25 mph on flat ground and up to 35 down hill. 10-15 uphill. If you weight less than 200, pedaling is optional. I had 1/4 bars left after the ride. There were two 800ft climbs as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This one looks interesting.

·
Registered
859 Posts
No off road to get to my work so I built a custom one off. Im working on relocating the battery and a hydraulic brake for the rear disc but itll do 30mph and over 20 miles. You should see the gears in ppls heads come to a crunching halt when they see it rolling and no pedals or gas engine noise.

DIY Custom Electric Chopper. 18650's and golden motor Hub motor 52V 18AH

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts
No off road to get to my work so I built a custom one off. Im working on relocating the battery and a hydraulic brake for the rear disc but itll do 30mph and over 20 miles. You should see the gears in ppls heads come to a crunching halt when they see it rolling and no pedals or gas engine noise.

DIY Custom Electric Chopper. 18650's and golden motor Hub motor 52V 18AH

I'm glad you posted that thing back up, it's sweet! I moved the thread you had started about it into the "Projects and How To" forum since it had been lost in off topic after the changeover.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got our Ecotric Seagulls
Straight forward assembly
It was kind of a one fits all manual so you do need to be a bit mechanically inclined
I have to say this bike hauls the mail
48 volt 1000 watt motor
I was in 3rd gear and #5 pedal assist and hit 20 mph uphill without a problem
I like the throttle only.
I like the Shimano gear indicator
Front shocks adjustable and work well
They're a bit heavy, 62#
Hydraulic brakes work ok but maybe they need to be broken in.
Need new seats
Fenders and rear racks should be here tomorrow
Very happy for a bike that's $1200 shipped

·
The Lone Rzr
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
waddyathink?
Bought it for Mrs EZ's suv but thought this would be fun and give us more options to ride places.
About 200# total

·
The Lone Rzr
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Put almost 20 miles on today and didn't even break a sweat lol
That's the famous London Bridge in Lake Havasu AZ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts