Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had nothing but issues with this tuner from day one receiving it, mike at aftermarket assassians has spoken with my wife (the software engineer)walking her through all he could but no luck, he says to send it in to him or work with Dynojet to resolve the issue...yay. With that being said my wife called tech support at Dynojet today and the individual that she spoke with was insanely rude and unprofessional. In a nut shel he said he didn’t know how to fix it and I’d have to send it in. My question is do any of you have someone at Dynojet in tech support that has helped you in the past? Im very confident that my wife can fix the tuner over the phone with someone who is willing to help. If can’t resolve this over the phone before my trip tomorrow I’m going to put the tuner back in the box and send it back to aftermarket assassians and go a different route. This seems to be my luck with aftermarket accessories?. I would be very greatful if someone has a name as a reference.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Hmmm....I feel your pain but I also think you have the best controller and probably the best tunes...so I wouldn't give up it may just be a factory defect with electronics. Go with your factory ecu/ program and have a good weekend trip . Deal with the rest when you get back after a Kick Ass ride .. then send it back and re-compute the whole situation .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize this is my reality, I just seem to be the guy that always gets bent over by way of bad products from companies. I just don’t want to have to send this thing in over and over, we have already had to reformat the thing multiple times following theirs and mikes directions in an attempt to get the tunes to stick and show up once plugged in. I should t have to spend more money and time shipping the thing just to get it working the way it should of when I got it in the first place. Hoping I get a name for dynojet so the wife has an opportunity to try in the morning. I appreciate your positive attitude maxH.
Rzr joe- the tunes finally stuck in the unit and display however the gauge screen is unable to configure. Everything is blank, with no options to configure it. It looks like the tune I flashed has actually gone in but the rzr doesn’t appear to feel like it took the tune (seat of the pants feel).

·
Administrator
50,110 Posts
I have had great luck with AMA tunes and the dyno jet system , But I also own a electronics based company and seen many very expensive products we buy be bad out of box , Sometimes it’s just the luck of the draw. Send it back and let them fix or replace it for you . JMHO :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
put stock tune back in car, mail tuner back to AA and they will make it right...mike knows these tuners in and out...he will be able to let you know if its the tuner or a car electronics problem...

·
Registered
747 Posts
I find it hard to believe that mike wouldn’t make it right. Why not send it back to have him look at it. You have the best tuner and tunes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
no issues here with AA tune on my xp1000. Follow the instructions correctly on how to install it? I'd put the stock tune back in and send AA the DynoJet back to fix. They will make it right,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I confirmed the stock tune was in the rzr in the event the tuner goes even more hay wire when my wife try’s to trouble shoot it with dyno jet, she wasn’t able to get to it before our glamis trip. As far as installing it yes everything was done to a T and then some. For the record, mike has been very good about responding, I was just hesitant to send it out as I really was hoping to use it on our last trip of the season however it looks like I’ll have no choice but to pay more $ to send it back to either mike or power jet to get it working how it’s supposed to. Just bummed in the overall experience. Im Glad others have had soo much success and fun with their tunes From AA I just have crappy luck I guess.
Ryan

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe the guys name was Kevin at dynojet that helped me out. He had me hook the tuner to my computer and he was able to go through the tuner through my computer. We discovered that it was my ecu and not the tuner. He was very knowledgeable but not personable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine loses tunes too. I spoke with someone at dynojet and they said they were working on a update to fix the problem that was months ago and I haven't heard back from them

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bouiverbogger, in my case dynonjet was unable to provide a solution over the phone so the turner has to be sent back in. What was the problem with your ecu?
Gprovince: I’m hoping to see some resolve. My tunes originally showed up on the tuner even when connected to the rzr’s ecu but after one ride on the stock tune all the tunes disappeared. When connected back to the computer the Tuner showed all the files were corrupted. So we had to reload ever since then there was one problem or another with the device.

·
Registered
948 Posts
When you first plugged the tuner in and it asked you if you wanted to only retain the tunes applicable to your vehicle, did you click "yes". That might have done it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I followed the directions to a t. I checked to insure the tunes all showed up on the device when connected to the ecu port and they were there, it wasn’t until after my first ride when I was going to switch from stock to the level 2 tune that I realized they all disappeared. ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ended up
I spoke with dynojet and rhey said there's a firmware update available on their website.
Wasn’t a firmware issue that I’m aware of. We had put the most current version on it.
After sending it back to dynojet we got a respond that they were warranting the u it and sending a replacement which I received, mike sent a new batch of tunes and all is well. Tuner works and the tunes are definitely in the rzr.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts