Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here they are:

Dyno Results of the 902 Stroker Boosted with custom maps Ricochet Racing
I will give you the breakdown of the build, 3.90 Stroker Crank, 860cc Big Bore, Low compression pistons CP Pistons, custom grind cam, Solid Lifters and adjustable pushrods, +2 Head ported polished, & flowed, custom clutch setup Ricochet racing, Attitude fuel controller W/ 3rd injector custom fuel map Ricochet Racing, Dynatek with custom timing Ricochet Racing. First two runs engine still cold, the runs were made using pump gas 91 octane no racing fuel, a mild timing map was used because the engine only had 1 hour of runtime on it and we set the RPM to 7000. These are real numbers! Made with a Polaris engine, we set our boost at 14psi for these runs, with race gas and more aggressive maps I think we will be over the 100 mark to the wheels no problem, we will be making another run once the engine is broke in. This is posted in Wheel HP not crank Horsepower
All the item’s listed will be in our kits and available now.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I know this shops dyno very well and its a stingest dyno I know on the low side lololol. Johns a Great guys.

·
Sand Pimp
926 Posts
Thats alot of motor for 90rwhp. Im not doubting you guys or your skills. What I am doubting is 80 for the bolt on turbos on stock motors...... seems kinda fishy to me....

Do you guys have any dyno results for just a bolt-on application?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thats alot of motor for 90rwhp. Im not doubting you guys or your skills. What I am doubting is 80 for the bolt on turbos on stock motors...... seems kinda fishy to me....

X2, i would think it should be more, I got 85 rwhp @ 12.5lbs boost on stock motor with forged pistons, could be just simply that not all dynos give the same reading.:pint::pint:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

For comparison -- Aerocharger on their '08 RzR made 82.07 RWHP with their bolt-on kit .. And that is on a stock 10.0:1 motor. Here's a link .......

AEROCHARGER | Turbo Kits - Polaris RZR

:ride:

·
Sand Pimp
926 Posts

For comparison -- Aerocharger on their '08 RzR made 82.07 RWHP with their bolt-on kit .. And that is on a stock 10.0:1 motor. Here's a link .......

AEROCHARGER | Turbo Kits - Polaris RZR

cool........... thanks

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well from what I have seen over the years a lot of people inflate numbers on the dyno it’s easy to do, this was a true drive it up, and run it, and John’s dyno has been on the lower side, but we know it’s at least 90 WHP I know when we drive it, it plants your butt in the seat big time, if it will stay reliable I think it was well worth it. If Aerocharger is putting out what they state, then it’s a great system, hopefully the cranks won’t fail that seems like a lot of WHP for a stock crank.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Indio Bob, anything that puts out this weight to horsepower ratio is going to cost money! People spend 15 to 20k just on a quad that puts out 60 to 70 WHP and then you have the sand rails, take a look at what they cost, anywhere from 50K on up to 200k now on the RZR ,with a good suspension kit and including purchase price you would be looking at about 30-35K little race gas you have over 100WHP with a vehicle that only weighs 1200lbs I wouldn’t call that real expensive in comparison.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
"If Aerocharger is putting out what they state, then it’s a great system"

On Aerochargers new Web Site they have omitted their origional Dyno Sheet. I dug back a couple of years ago in my pic's and found it -- Here it is for comparison .. I am in no ways discrediting your efforts Alan.

As far as the stock crank surviving -- Mine's lasted several thousand miles at a higher Boost level than they had theirs set at for that dyno run.

I'd be interested in your next dyno run -- I found this motor didn't start to show it's potential till one was at 16 PSI of Boost. My '902 motor for those of you reading has a static compression ratio of 9.1:1.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave, I was in no way putting down Aerocharger! If what you are showing me on this graph is WHP then what you are saying is that the stock engine with just the Aerocharger is putting out 82.07 WHP which is about 114.8 at the crank with the correction factor, I think that is pushing the stock crank, that’s my opinion. In the past few months we have witnessed many engine failures due to people not building their engines correctly and pushing them way beyond what they were originally designed for, then everybody gets the impression that they don’t perform, when in fact if built correctly with the correct set up, they work great, there is one other company out there besides us that have taken the time to set them up correctly and have had very good results in doing so. As they say the proof is in the pudding. I know when you did yours it was cutting edge at that time, the reason no one posted real numbers is that the numbers were low and not worth posting, but I know for a fact there now are some RZR’s out there that are putting down over 150WHP with a Polaris motor and still running, this year should be quite interesting as more of them will be competing against the Webbers, the Apex’s the R1’s should be quite interesting. It’s all good, I like to see the underdog’s rise up to the challenge. I hope everything worked out for you on your build and your enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Pro Shop in Staton Calif I say bring those other rides down let's see those number on the same dyno ,,,,,,,,,:)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.