Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 rzr800 and looking to do some upgrades. I will be adding the rzrs suspension conversion and would like to add more speed/power also. My rzr is mostly stock except a different air filter and the clutch spacer is removed. My top speed is about 65mph now. I am looking for faster acceleration and top speed. Has anyone tried this? Would you recommend it?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
If you are talking about the power commander 5 you will see good results. It helps in the MPG and power department. It will also raise the rpm limit. Starting line products have several maps depending on your mods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that similar to the dynatek? I was thinking the dynatek cdi ignition and the Fuel controller. Did raising the rev limiter increase your top speed too?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I installed the DFS9-3 on my 08 800 and it don't work worth a crap so far. When I installed it the motor wouldnt rev past 2200. I started it the next day and then it wouldnt rev past about 4200 or so. The next day I decided to drive it around the block. It seem to run fine. Last Sat 15th it went about 2 miles and started sputtering, acting like it wanted to die. I kept pumping the throttle pedal to keep it going but it was running like crap. So I unplugged all the pionts of hook up and plugged the factory connectors back together and it ran good the rest of the night. Now as I type this I'm waiting for Dynatek rep to answer my call. It's been 25 minutes now. My .02

·
Registered
429 Posts
After waiting 45 min for a rep I gave up. I called back a couple hours later and waited another 25 min. I got to explain what was going on. He seemed baffled why. The guy didnt hesitate to tell me to send the whole system back to the MT facility to get checked out. They would pay shipping to get it back to me after they fiqured out what was wrong and corrected it. A R.A # and address was given. Rep was very pleasant and easy to deal with. Even though it took awhile to actually talk to someone they do seem like they will stand behind thier product.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good that they stand behind their products. But it sucks that it's not working. I think I'm going to buy one and give it a try. Everything I read about it sounds legit.

·
Vendor
2,416 Posts
I would not recommend increasing the rev limit on a 800 without some sustaining mods. The crankshaft is known for going out of true and an increase in rpm will only exxagerate this problem. Please be cautious.

Nate
Alba Racing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts