Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you inform me if the Dynatek CDI for the 2008 - 2010 RZR and RZR S will fit the wire harness of the new 2011 RZR and RZR S model?

I have a 2009 RZR and plan to upgrade to a 2011 RZR S in the near future, and would like to keep the Dynatek CDI for eventually installing it in the 2011.

Thanks for your assistance and response.

:rzrs:

·
Screw dunes..show me mud!
1,168 Posts
If it won't, PM me when you're ready to sell it!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
i have e-mailed dynatek, they say not available, check back frequently. wtf? no time frame given either, but they say they are working on it!

·
Registered
151 Posts
How have the CDI's performed? Are they worth it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hellllllllllooooooooooo!!!!! Anybody home? I'm gonna be pissed if something for the XP hits before the 2011's. It's really starting to look like that 6 months is starting to become a reality.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just my .02 cents....I had nothing but problems out of both my Dynatek's. Other members swear by them but all I did was swear AT mine. Both, (on the same RZR), failed within a few months of installation. I had my stock ECU re-mapped by Mountain Performance and have had no issue's going on 2 years. At the time I was told by Dynatek that they had a bad run of boxes for the RZR and that was the reason for both failure's....
One big plus with having your stock ECU re-mapped is their is nothing to piggy-back. The downfall is that you will be unable to ride while the box is getting re-flashed. Took mine about a week and a 1/2.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just my .02 cents....I had nothing but problems out of both my Dynatek's. Other members swear by them but all I did was swear AT mine. Both, (on the same RZR), failed within a few months of installation. I had my stock ECU re-mapped by Mountain Performance and have had no issue's going on 2 years. At the time I was told by Dynatek that they had a bad run of boxes for the RZR and that was the reason for both failure's....
One big plus with having your stock ECU re-mapped is their is nothing to piggy-back. The downfall is that you will be unable to ride while the box is getting re-flashed. Took mine about a week and a 1/2.
This sounds like a good alternative. I wonder if they can program the 2011's. Call them on Monday for some more info.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts