Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been doing some testing with some Dynatech boxes. And i can tell you very cool stuff spent a few hours last night testing the unit on our brand new RZRS.

We Built many custom tunes from awesome throttle response to reduced throttle response and gaines of up to 8 hp. Fuel is fully adjustable +/- 20%

The unit purchased from MPI will come with 4 custom tunes.

Unit can be used with your current performance ECU or with stock ECU and mounts right in fromt of Factory ECU.

Direct piggy back harness is complete plug and play.

Stay tuned for pricing

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a production box on its way to verify everything is good with final product.

I anticipate 2 weeks till i have them on the shelf

·
Back in the Saddle
4,063 Posts
Would this be a replacement for an aftermarket ECU?

I just ordered the HotRide4U ECU re-flash... now I see this!! Is this going to be better than what the HR4U reflash can offer?

Or can both be used, to have even MORE gains over just the Dynatek box?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
just what Ive been waiting on. I had Dynatek before in previous rides they make good stuff. Looks Ill be getting one. Where are the dyno charts 8 hp seems high to me?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Instead of Powercommander? With reflashed ECU? Other tunes for specific needs?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Retail is $249.99 for the CDI unit and $249.99 For the programmer and selector panel.

Waiting to hear back what i can do for first production runs.

Your power commander is not needed.

·
Back in the Saddle
4,063 Posts
Retail is $249.99 for the CDI unit and $249.99 For the programmer and selector panel.

Waiting to hear back what i can do for first production runs.

Your power commander is not needed.
Heath, what about advancing timing, rev limiter, etc? Is the ECU still the only way to change certain paramaters, or will this set-up replace a reflashed ECU and give the same peformance?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With the Programer option you can build your own timing curve, advance timing, change rev limiter, and fueling.

If purchased without the programmer it comes programed from us.

Thanks

·
Back in the Saddle
4,063 Posts
Health, like I said the only reason I ask is because I just ordered the Hot Ride programmed ECU. Will this change all the parameters a reflash will, and give the same or better increase?

This is from HotRide's page:

Hot Ride now has high performance ECU tuning available for Polaris RZR. The only way, to alter ignition timing and rev limiters is to replace the factory ECU or reprogram it. Our standard tune up includes advanced timing and corecting the fuel ratio and adjusting the timing for better acceleration and increasing the rev limiter to 7000 rpm (stock RZR 6500). We optimized the fuel curve to give you an efficient 13.2:1 Air Fuel Ratio, we found the factory programming to be a bit lean, limiting the full power of your RZR. We also optimized the timing for better acceleration, midrange and top end horsepower.
So is that not true? I'm new to this RZR tuning stuff... I just want what's best for the money! They claim (and have dyno proof) a 30% hp increase from just the ECU. Went from 23.7 whp to 30.1 whp...

·
xc racer
1,255 Posts
Doesn't Hot Ride just re-sale the ECU as modified by MPI? If so It sounds like they can get the same performance from this piggyback.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This was all true up till now with the release of the Dynatek CDI box.

There will still be customers who will require a custom tuned ecu

1 - 20 of 198 Posts