Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some before and after pics of my ported head from Dynamic Racing:

With their port & polished head, the base MCX Turbo kit, a Dynatek and some belt slip I still made 103rwhp and 86rwtq!

They can also do NA applications, decking and larger valves if desired!

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Looks nice and shiny!
Did you have a baseline run before the port and polish to compare to? How much increase did you get?

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks nice and shiny!
Did you have a baseline run before the port and polish to compare to? How much increase did you get?
My baseline pull was 43rwhp and it's the little blue line on the dyno sheet :)

Looks good Doug, Did you get the Holtz billet intake to go with it
I am running the Holz billet intake now, but it wasn't on when I did this dyno pull.

·
Registered
137 Posts
They took quite a bit of metal, looks really nice. And sweet gains at the wheels! How much boost?

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They took quite a bit of metal, looks really nice. And sweet gains at the wheels! How much boost?
That was at the base boost setting of 11psi.

I'd really like to see someone test it out on a NA with no turbo and see how it does. For the money and the easy of the install, I bet it will perform really well!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Vinamold would show you the flaws before the work and the finished product.

Here is a Rhino intake

Here you can see all the factory mismatching and casting flaws nice to find and fix the problems upstream of the fancy port work too.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what is the total HP after all your mods?
MCX Turbo + Dynamic Racing Ported Head + Dynatek = 103rwhp

MCX Turbo + Ported Head + Dynatek + CP Pistons + Dirty Dawg Performance Cam = 124rwhp

Looks good! How much did they charge for head work like that?
Matt has been working on pricing so he will chime in on that.

Vinamold would show you the flaws before the work and the finished product.
That's really cool stuff! I'm sure what process they use but the result is the words fastest Stealth/3000gt, the most power Heads and Cam Viper and the most powerful stock block UTV on the planet :)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Any idea the compression ratio after milling off the chamber? I imagine it's Race Gas only now especially with a turbo. I'm no motor expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought with forced induction it is better to stay away from high compression and small chambers with sharp edges to reduce hot spots and pre-detonation?
BTW - The work in the ports is nice. I'm suprised there was that much thickness in those areas. Beautiful work!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
That things gonna kick a$$! As much as I'd love the power, I'd only want to add turbo and what ever else to keep on pump gas. Also, adding that much power to these machines, will the drive train start falling apart? Didn't Mike already gernade his front end? I'm not just a dunner, so I would like to add as much power as I can and still be able to rock crawl reliably. Can't wait to see that thing rip through the dunes.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any idea the compression ratio after milling off the chamber? I imagine it's Race Gas only now especially with a turbo. I'm no motor expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought with forced induction it is better to stay away from high compression and small chambers with sharp edges to reduce hot spots and pre-detonation?
BTW - The work in the ports is nice. I'm suprised there was that much thickness in those areas. Beautiful work!
That's the Stock Deck Finish, since I planned on running big boost we did not take anything off the deck we did not want to raise the compression. I would like to do a 0.002" cut to give a better deck finish, but in this case we chose not to seeing how even with the shim the comp is still around 10 to 1 on the S. After my custom CP pistons I was running about 8.6 to 1 with this head.

That things gonna kick a$$! As much as I'd love the power, I'd only want to add turbo and what ever else to keep on pump gas. Also, adding that much power to these machines, will the drive train start falling apart? Didn't Mike already gernade his front end? I'm not just a dunner, so I would like to add as much power as I can and still be able to rock crawl reliably. Can't wait to see that thing rip through the dunes.
Going with a ported head will not keep you from running pump gas and will NOT increase compression unless you specifically requested it to be ported that way. All it does is make your engine breath a lot better and run more efficiently.

One thing that Mike and I will agree on is that the RZR driveline will hold up great to at least 130hp. That's what the Weber is rated at and he's been beating the heck out of everything else that's stock. The only weak point that I know of is the front diff roller cage. I already swapped my plastic cage out for the billet one from Holz so that I won't run into that issue.

I've been racing and duning with about 120rwhp and have had no driveline issues yet and remember that's 120 to the wheels and not the fly wheel like the Weber. Mine is an extreme case and the most powerful stock block UTV and so far the driveline has held up great!

·
Just kidding!
10,725 Posts
Dam good eyes I couldnt see it until you guys pointed it out and I have a big monitor.Maybe Doug doesnt like em shaved LOL

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If thats the stock deck finish what heppend to the rest of the combustion chamber?
On the before pictures the burned rings makes it look like there's a "combustion chamber" when there really isn't. The only combustion chamber is actually just cut out around the valves which you can see really good after it was cleaned up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts